cant send email to other email providers except our pop3

Hello there!

Im using outlook exp. 6 with windows 2000 server. We have our official
mail account (eg., one@xx.com, two@xx.com). Here is the problem: I am
able to send mail to all our collegus using our official ids
(three@xx.com, four@xx.com...), but Im not able to send mails to any
other ids like hotmail, yahoo, gmail ids. But Im able to receive mails
from any email provider.

What could be the problem. Pls let me clear.

Thanks in advance.
subi.

In news:1122895057.549821.306500@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
subi <subi.ram@gmail.com> typed:
> Hello there!
>
> Im using outlook exp. 6 with windows 2000 server. We have our official
> mail account (eg., one@xx.com, two@xx.com). Here is the problem: I am
> able to send mail to all our collegus using our official ids
> (three@xx.com, four@xx.com...), but Im not able to send mails to any
> other ids like hotmail, yahoo, gmail ids. But Im able to receive mails
> from any email provider.
>
> What could be the problem. Pls let me clear.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> subi.

Sounds like a problem with your SMTP server config, but you haven't
mentioned what SMTP server you're using. Is this a Windows 2000
issue/question or an Outlook Express one?