Offline Folder Synchronizes - but can't Open Files

I synchronized a network drive of our server to make it available when
windows 2000 laptop is offline. I can see all the files offline but
when I try to open any of them they don't open, it's like th're not
really there. If I open a particular file when connected to the network
then that file is available offline and opens without problems. I
checked the setting of the shared folder - and offline files sharing is
enabled.
3 answers Last reply
More about offline folder synchronizes open files

    In news:1122908531.702921.166320@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
    yazeedv@gmail.com <yazeedv@gmail.com> typed:
    > I synchronized a network drive of our server to make it available when
    > windows 2000 laptop is offline. I can see all the files offline but
    > when I try to open any of them they don't open, it's like th're not
    > really there. If I open a particular file when connected to the
    > network then that file is available offline and opens without
    > problems. I checked the setting of the shared folder - and offline
    > files sharing is enabled.

    Where are you looking? In Windows Explorer, go to the network drive itself
    (while offline).... do you see the tree as you expect?

    Thnx for reply Lanwench

    Yup, the tree shows up as expected, and all the subfolders and files
    are there, even the size and general details are available if i go into
    the properties of a particular file. But when I try to open any of them
    the application that tries to read the file can't find it.

    In news:1122966918.637100.243280@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com,
    yazeedv@gmail.com <yazeedv@gmail.com> typed:
    > Thnx for reply Lanwench
    >
    > Yup, the tree shows up as expected, and all the subfolders and files
    > are there, even the size and general details are available if i go
    > into the properties of a particular file. But when I try to open any
    > of them the application that tries to read the file can't find it.

    Hi - please set your newsreader not to snip out all previous data, as this
    thread may not make sense to others.
    Have you checked your event logs for errors? What happens when you actually
    double-click on a file, rather than browse for it via the application?

    OT, but I personally abhor offline files and disable it everywhere. I prefer
    a third party solution ... SecondCopy 2000, at www.centered.com It works a
    lot better in my experience. I don't have any affiliation with the company
    other than really liking their product.

Microsoft Network Drive Windows