Help: CPU Fan spinning at Max. RPM all the time

Santz24

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
This morning i changed the PSU (From 250 to 530W) and ever since then the CPU fan is running at full RPM all the time, even when there is no need to and the processor load is at something ridiculous like 4%

What can the problem be? Ive altered no software, just changed the PSU. Any ideas?

Thanks for your time

Santz24

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
Its a Pentium D830, 1GB of DDR2 (Which i guess is inisignificant) An ATI X1900XT, and 2 HDD's (SATA)

So youre saying its not a bug or anything, that it actually NEEDS to be running this fast? The noise is insane. You think the PSU adds more heat? Darn, i thought this new PSU was meant to be better in every way...

Santz24

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
Problem solved. Funnily enough, i only had to change the orientation of the CPU fan. Before it had the two copper endings pointing upwards, and so the hot air blown out from the PSU was blown in directly into the copper endings, which i suppose sense the heat. That way there was constant heat on the sensors and the CPU fan was at constant full throttle. By changing the orientation so that the two endings point to the side (Near the memory) the system is now back to its normal noise :)

Thankyou very much