Pentiun D 3.44 vs Core 2 1.86

thahim

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
Which Processor gives faster speed and loads applications quickly?

Pentium D 3.44 Ghz or Core 2 1.8 Ghz

don't say C2d is latest technology so it would be faster than high end PD because i already got reply from Intel Corp saying PD 3.44 would be faster but I am still confused to buy a new computer.

What should i go for C2D will be the future PD 3.4 goes faster now what to do?

clairvoyant129

Distinguished
May 27, 2006

don't say C2d is latest technology so it would be faster than high end PD because i already got reply from Intel Corp saying PD 3.44 would be faster but I am still confused to buy a new computer.

Oh my god...

shadowjagans

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2006
whoever told u that is obviously not from intel
if it is then hes obviously a dick
yer u tell him that

Pentium D's pretty much suck, doesnt matter wat speed they run,
doesnt matter how much u can overclock,
doesnt matter wat applications or games,
Core 2 Duo will always be the better choice
Use the CPU Charts on this site
even a low-end [C2D E6400 (2.13Ghz)] can easily beat the
best Pentium D available [965 EE (3.73Ghz)] in most applications

(unless u can get that Pentium D for a cheap price, dont bother with it)

Xazax310

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
LOL DOES INTEL EVEN KNOW THEIR OWN CPUS!?

Believe me, i went from a single core Pentium 4 3.0ghz to an E6400 and this baby just blows that blasted worthless P4 out of the water and air!

shinigamiX

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006

I am willing to swear on my life that whoever told you that is sadly misinformed. The Core 2 Duo will blast any Pentium D outta the water.
Don't believe me? Here is a benchmark chart showing every single Core 2 Duo blasting every other AMD and Intel CPU in encoding. INCLUDING the 3.73GHz Extreme Edition, which sucks. The simple fact is that Core 2 Duos are faster. I strongly suggest you call that guy who told you that Pentium Ds and ask him wtf is wrong with him :lol:
433-434-179.png

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

I am willing to swear on my life that whoever told you that is sadly misinformed. The Core 2 Duo will blast any Pentium D outta the water.
Don't believe me? Here is a benchmark chart showing every single Core 2 Duo blasting every other AMD and Intel CPU in encoding. INCLUDING the 3.73GHz Extreme Edition, which sucks. The simple fact is that Core 2 Duos are faster. I strongly suggest you call that guy who told you that Pentium Ds and ask him wtf is wrong with him :lol:
433-434-179.png
While i agree, they don't show the E6300 there. I argued this with another member months ago...he didn't believe that the D965EE(3.73) beat the E6300 in IIRC 9/16 benchmarks. It was on Anandtech, i think. I'll dig up the link.

My numbers were wrong, but the 965(suprisingly) beat the E6300 in over half the benches(except gaming).

Intel's Core 2 Extreme X6800 didn't lose a single benchmark in our comparison; not a single one. In many cases, the $183 Core 2 Duo E6300 actually outperformed Intel's previous champ: the Pentium Extreme Edition 965.
Still, that's the 3.73, not 3.46. :?

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006

Oh my god...
You can shout it loud man! I'm not surprised Intel gave that answer; they've got so much of that crap left.
To thahim: A 1.8 Ghz Core2 CPU will perform 15-25% faster than a 3.4 GHz PentiumD; forget what they told you.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
I find that C2D performs around 2x that of a P-D clock for clock.

So an E6300 is about equal to a PD @ 3.7GHz.
Yeah...that sounds about right. JJ tested his 3.6GHz P4 against his underclocked(to 1.8GHz) X6800, and it still beat the P4..just. :)

jkflipflop98

Distinguished

The two should be about equals. Performancewise, anyway. Comparing heat dissipation of the two is like warm coffee next to the sun's core.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Commencing Pentium Rape

Every one can tell that this guy is obviously just Fooling around with us. If he's not Take a look at this benchmark and Staple that Intel Representative in India's Balls to his Wooden Chair and Stab him a few times.
How The Hell Could an Intel Representative tell you a Pentium is faster than a Core 2 Duo because it's speed it like So much faster :roll: .

Would you mind recording that statement if it's the phone or Using a video camera and taping him if he's at a store around you?, I would like to show it to the people on these forums, on how smart a Marketing Team Intel has hired. If they are actually Intel's Reps
433-435-192.png

God damn it, Even the FX-55 Beat it by a bit of a margin ( 8O In Multi-Tasking< IT'S A SINGE CORE)

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
Commencing Pentium Rape

Every one can tell that this guy is obviously just Fooling around with us. If he's not Take a look at this benchmark and Staple that Intel Representative in India's Balls to his Wooden Chair and Stab him a few times.
How The Hell Could an Intel Representative tell you a Pentium is faster than a Core 2 Duo because it's speed it like So much faster :roll: .

Would you mind recording that statement if it's the phone or Using a video camera and taping him if he's at a store around you?, I would like to show it to the people on these forums, on how smart a Marketing Team Intel has hired. If they are actually Intel's Reps
433-435-192.png

God damn it, Even the FX-55 Beat it by a bit of a margin ( 8O In Multi-Tasking< IT'S A SINGE CORE)
:lol:

quantumsheep

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Commencing Pentium Rape

433-435-192.png

Now that just proves it!

terror112

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2006
Commencing Pentium Rape

433-435-192.png

Now that just proves it!

Agreed.

bridonca

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2006
If you actually talked to an Intel guy, he obviously was trying to dump his Netburst inventory. Core2duo is the the best right now. And as you can see by quite a margin!

qcmadness

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2006

If you want to compare P-D with C2D,
please see 1GHz C2D as 2GHz P-D :wink:

azeari

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
Actually its more than a simple 1:2 ratio in certain applications

Just for comparison
Netburst
Horribly inefficient super long pipeline with high clockspeeds
Double-cycle SSE execution

Core2Duo
Shorter, more efficient pipeline
Single-cycle SSE execution
Micro/Macro fusion ops

Supposing your proposed pentium D was faster, a 3.4ghz PD just costs way too much for its performance compared to a c2d

thahim

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
I am not tring to fool around with you people. Obviously what comes to a normal human brain how far would 1.86 GHz go? May be double but can it reach 3.44GHz?

I beleive Core 2 is better but 1.86 could beat up a pentium for about 2.8 GHz 3.44 is much faster so can 1.86 GHz processor beat 3.44 as well?

And yeah if you don'ot trust the mail i received from intel I can really forward it to you if you want.

alphakp295

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005

of course pentium d is ""faster""....
they must've meant 3.44>1.8
it IS faster... in numbers only
u know why they told u that??
so they can sell off all of their crappy old pentium d...
also, don't forget pentium D is HOTHOTHOT!!!
pentium D is good at... cooking? maybe?

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
I am not tring to fool around with you people. Obviously what comes to a normal human brain how far would 1.86 GHz go? May be double but can it reach 3.44GHz?

I beleive Core 2 is better but 1.86 could beat up a pentium for about 2.8 GHz 3.44 is much faster so can 1.86 GHz processor beat 3.44 as well?

And yeah if you don'ot trust the mail i received from intel I can really forward it to you if you want.

trapperjohn117@gmail.com if its not to much trouble.

Clock speed doest matter now, the micro architecture that the Core 2 Duo uses is far superior to that of the P4 and PD, the main reason that the C2D out performs the P4 is that the IPC (instructions per clock) is higher, so it can do more in one clock cycle.

shinigamiX

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006

It's because the Core 2 Duo is much, MUCH more efficient than the Pentim D. It can do far more with less clock cycles. To give you an example, with Pentium D when an instruction is sent there isn't even any guarantee as to whether it'll be executed. It just keeps repeating it until it is.

You have to understand that when you're comparing different architectures like Core 2 and Pentium D clockspeed isn't very relevant. Take AMD's Athlon. Their 3000+ CPU is about the same as a Pentium 4 3.0GHz. However, the 3000+ is actually only 1.8GHz. See what I mean?

And by the way, no, we're not fooling with you. :)