gotcha640

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2007
I just put together my first computer, and I'm having trouble with the fan control. I bought a Raidmax Smilodon case, and I like it so far, except the fans it came with dont appear to have the wire to connect to the mobo. It makes a lot more noise than I want going on all the time, so I'd really like to be able to adjust the fan speed. I have an Asus P5W DH Deluxe board, and the software it came with looks pretty easy to use if I can get wired up.

ReverendGadgetBoy

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
Personally, I favor alot of fans running all the time full power. But, maybe that is just because I have gotten use to the noise.

Id agree with that. It puts less strain on the motherboard and memory, which helps a little for OCing, and it makes me feel safer somehow.

intelconvert6079

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
Personally, I favor alot of fans running all the time full power. But, maybe that is just because I have gotten use to the noise.

Id agree with that. It puts less strain on the motherboard and memory, which helps a little for OCing, and it makes me feel safer somehow.

It makes me feel safer too. I don't have to worry about high temps when I suddenly drop a load on the CPU. Not to mention a better OC.