Windows 2000 reboots continiously

Hi,
I had this problem a while ago (W2K Professional loded on a laptop keeps
rebooting), and was able to find a fix on Knowledge base.

I think it was a 10 or 12 step registry hack process which got my old laptop
running, but unfortunately it looks like that info. was remmoved or else I'm
just not finding it. Does anyone remeber or have a link to that fix?

Thanks,
Chris

If the computer is rebooting continuously, the problem is more than
likely a kernel fault (Blue screen of death). If you can't boot in
normal mode, you might want to see if you can boot in safe mode. If
you can, you could try uninstalling any updates, applications, or
drivers that you have recently installed. If you cannot boot at all,
you could try running a repair installation from the Windows 2000
CD-ROM.

Andrew Hodes wrote:
> If the computer is rebooting continuously, the problem is more than
> likely a kernel fault (Blue screen of death). If you can't boot in
> normal mode, you might want to see if you can boot in safe mode. If
> you can, you could try uninstalling any updates, applications, or
> drivers that you have recently installed. If you cannot boot at all,
> you could try running a repair installation from the Windows 2000
> CD-ROM.
>
> On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 19:43:03 -0700, cLOWN gOD
> <cLOWNgOD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>I had this problem a while ago (W2K Professional loded on a laptop keeps
>>rebooting), and was able to find a fix on Knowledge base.
>>
>>I think it was a 10 or 12 step registry hack process which got my old laptop
>>running, but unfortunately it looks like that info. was remmoved or else I'm
>>just not finding it. Does anyone remeber or have a link to that fix?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Chris

He says his problem is already fixed, he just wants to find the link again

--
for some how-to's and rpms visit my site : http://solid.bounceme.net
for commercially supported solutions visit : http://www.robas.com