TASKBAR DATE

January 28, 2005 4:02:46 PM

I am experiencing an on-going nagging problem with my date. Invariably form
time-to-time the date changes and moves ahead 1-day. Is it possible there is
a hijacking problem I am not aware doing this? I have used Ad-Aware
Professional to flush out any such agents and all things have been cleaned,
yet the problem persists.
Is there another solution?
Thanks!

More about : taskbar date

Anonymous
January 28, 2005 4:02:47 PM

Did you check that your zone is set correctly?

"AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message
>I am experiencing an on-going nagging problem with my date. Invariably form
>time-to-time the date changes and moves ahead 1-day. Is it possible there
>is a hijacking problem I am not aware doing this? I have used Ad-Aware
>Professional to flush out any such agents and all things have been cleaned,
>yet the problem persists.
> Is there another solution?
> Thanks!

Anonymous
January 28, 2005 4:02:47 PM

"AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message
> I am experiencing an on-going nagging problem with my date.
> Invariably form time-to-time the date changes and moves ahead 1-day.
> Is it possible there is a hijacking problem I am not aware doing
> this? I have used Ad-Aware Professional to flush out any such agents
> and all things have been cleaned, yet the problem persists.
> Is there another solution?
> Thanks!

Are you running any Norton programs? Which ones?
Sometime ago there was a widespread problem with a Norton program doing
this.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

I am on the correct time zone, eastern standard time........ any other
suggestions?
"Rany ElHousieny [MSFT]" <ranyel@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Did you check that your zone is set correctly?

> "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message
>>I am experiencing an on-going nagging problem with my date. Invariably
>>form time-to-time the date changes and moves ahead 1-day. Is it possible
>>there is a hijacking problem I am not aware doing this? I have used
>>Ad-Aware Professional to flush out any such agents and all things have
>>been cleaned, yet the problem persists.
>> Is there another solution?
>> Thanks!

January 28, 2005 6:11:52 PM

Nope. I am using computer associates for virus monitoring

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
> "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message
>> I am experiencing an on-going nagging problem with my date.
>> Invariably form time-to-time the date changes and moves ahead 1-day.
>> Is it possible there is a hijacking problem I am not aware doing
>> this? I have used Ad-Aware Professional to flush out any such agents
>> and all things have been cleaned, yet the problem persists.
>> Is there another solution?
>> Thanks!
>
> Are you running any Norton programs? Which ones?
> Sometime ago there was a widespread problem with a Norton program doing
> this.
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/defau...

January 28, 2005 6:11:53 PM

The Norton program in question may not be NAV, but one of Norton's other
programs.

> Nope. I am using computer associates for virus monitoring
>
> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message
>>> I am experiencing an on-going nagging problem with my date.
>>> Invariably form time-to-time the date changes and moves ahead 1-day.
>>> Is it possible there is a hijacking problem I am not aware doing
>>> this? I have used Ad-Aware Professional to flush out any such agents
>>> and all things have been cleaned, yet the problem persists.
>>> Is there another solution?
>>> Thanks!
>>
>> Are you running any Norton programs? Which ones?
>> Sometime ago there was a widespread problem with a Norton program doing
>> this.
>>
>> --
>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
>> Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
>> http://www.fjsmjs.com
>> Protect your PC
>> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/defau...
>> http://defendingyourmachine.blogspot.com/

January 28, 2005 11:43:40 PM

Well, I don't have any other norton products on my machine..........I use
norton ghost off my diskette, so that's not it since it's not installed, any
other suggestions???????????
I am all ears!

> The Norton program in question may not be NAV, but one of Norton's other
> programs.

> "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message
>> Nope. I am using computer associates for virus monitoring
>>
>> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Are you running any Norton programs? Which ones?
>>> Sometime ago there was a widespread problem with a Norton program doing
>>> this.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
>>> Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
>>> http://www.fjsmjs.com
>>> Protect your PC
>>> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/defau...
>>> http://defendingyourmachine.blogspot.com/

Anonymous
January 28, 2005 11:43:41 PM

Make sure you're set to the proper AM or PM.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

> Well, I don't have any other norton products on my machine..........I
> use norton ghost off my diskette, so that's not it since it's not
> installed, any other suggestions???????????
> I am all ears!

>> The Norton program in question may not be NAV, but one of Norton's
>> other programs.
>>
>> --
>> "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message
>>> Nope. I am using computer associates for virus monitoring
>>>
>>> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 12:41:18 AM

You got anything running a 12 hour clock (that's set p.m when it should be
a.m)? Maybe not a prog, but a macro hidden somewhere?
Just a thought !
Sincerely, Len
"AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message
>I am experiencing an on-going nagging problem with my date. Invariably form
>time-to-time the date changes and moves ahead 1-day. Is it possible there
>is a hijacking problem I am not aware doing this? I have used Ad-Aware
>Professional to flush out any such agents and all things have been cleaned,
>yet the problem persists.
> Is there another solution?
> Thanks!

January 29, 2005 1:22:04 AM

I use a 24-hour clock anyway. Also, sinec I have several users on my
machine, they do not all use uniform time settings, per your suggestion. One
uses the AM/PM format, others use the 24-hour clock. Can that possibly throw
things off?

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:o HjB6maBFHA.2016@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Make sure you're set to the proper AM or PM.
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/defau...
>
> "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message
>> Well, I don't have any other norton products on my machine..........I
>> use norton ghost off my diskette, so that's not it since it's not
>> installed, any other suggestions???????????
>> I am all ears!
>>
>> "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(nojunk)@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> The Norton program in question may not be NAV, but one of Norton's
>>> other programs.
>>>
>>> --
>>> "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 9:59:12 AM

> I use a 24-hour clock anyway. Also, sinec I have several users on my
> machine, they do not all use uniform time settings, per your
> suggestion. One uses the AM/PM format, others use the 24-hour clock.
> Can that possibly throw things off?

No. It's just that it is not uncommon for people to use a 12 hour clock
with AM/PM not showing but set wrong.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Now we're searching for things............
In another newsgroup, someone else suggested the following, except he
telepathically forgot to tell me HOW TO INPUT this line!

"Silly question but I have to ask. Are you on the right time zone? Synch
>> it with your domain controller.
>>
>> net time rtsdomain:D omain name /set "

How do I synch my domain controller????????????? I attempted to reach this
user, but to no avail for a response.
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 6:09:40 PM

Sorry, can't help, I don't know how to do this either. Sounds like it's a
global setting on the server - perhaps a server system "help" screen would
elucidate?
Len
> Now we're searching for things............
> In another newsgroup, someone else suggested the following, except he
> telepathically forgot to tell me HOW TO INPUT this line!
>
> "Silly question but I have to ask. Are you on the right time zone? Synch
>>> it with your domain controller.
>>>
>>> net time rtsdomain:D omain name /set "
>

> How do I synch my domain controller????????????? I attempted to reach this
> user, but to no avail for a response.

February 1, 2005 11:47:43 PM

That's one of the problems when you're talking with a techy, they're
clueless about communicating succinctly and they figure they have
telepathically sent their message in some cryptic kind of
way................. I think that's what's known as the oxymoron Technology
@ work :)

!