TASKBAR DATE

I am experiencing an on-going nagging problem with my date. Invariably form
time-to-time the date changes and moves ahead 1-day. Is it possible there is
a hijacking problem I am not aware doing this? I have used Ad-Aware
Professional to flush out any such agents and all things have been cleaned,
yet the problem persists.
Is there another solution?
Thanks!
13 answers Last reply
More about taskbar date

    Did you check that your zone is set correctly?

    "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message
    >I am experiencing an on-going nagging problem with my date. Invariably form
    >time-to-time the date changes and moves ahead 1-day. Is it possible there
    >is a hijacking problem I am not aware doing this? I have used Ad-Aware
    >Professional to flush out any such agents and all things have been cleaned,
    >yet the problem persists.
    > Is there another solution?
    > Thanks!

    "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message
    > I am experiencing an on-going nagging problem with my date.
    > Invariably form time-to-time the date changes and moves ahead 1-day.
    > Is it possible there is a hijacking problem I am not aware doing
    > this? I have used Ad-Aware Professional to flush out any such agents
    > and all things have been cleaned, yet the problem persists.
    > Is there another solution?
    > Thanks!

    Are you running any Norton programs? Which ones?
    Sometime ago there was a widespread problem with a Norton program doing
    this.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    I am on the correct time zone, eastern standard time........ any other
    suggestions?
    "Rany ElHousieny [MSFT]" <ranyel@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Did you check that your zone is set correctly?

    > "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message
    >>I am experiencing an on-going nagging problem with my date. Invariably
    >>form time-to-time the date changes and moves ahead 1-day. Is it possible
    >>there is a hijacking problem I am not aware doing this? I have used
    >>Ad-Aware Professional to flush out any such agents and all things have
    >>been cleaned, yet the problem persists.
    >> Is there another solution?
    >> Thanks!

    Nope. I am using computer associates for virus monitoring

    "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message
    >> I am experiencing an on-going nagging problem with my date.
    >> Invariably form time-to-time the date changes and moves ahead 1-day.
    >> Is it possible there is a hijacking problem I am not aware doing
    >> this? I have used Ad-Aware Professional to flush out any such agents
    >> and all things have been cleaned, yet the problem persists.
    >> Is there another solution?
    >> Thanks!
    >
    > Are you running any Norton programs? Which ones?
    > Sometime ago there was a widespread problem with a Norton program doing
    > this.
    >
    > --
    > Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    > http://www.fjsmjs.com
    > Protect your PC
    > http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx

    The Norton program in question may not be NAV, but one of Norton's other
    programs.

    > Nope. I am using computer associates for virus monitoring
    >
    > "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message
    >>> I am experiencing an on-going nagging problem with my date.
    >>> Invariably form time-to-time the date changes and moves ahead 1-day.
    >>> Is it possible there is a hijacking problem I am not aware doing
    >>> this? I have used Ad-Aware Professional to flush out any such agents
    >>> and all things have been cleaned, yet the problem persists.
    >>> Is there another solution?
    >>> Thanks!
    >>
    >> Are you running any Norton programs? Which ones?
    >> Sometime ago there was a widespread problem with a Norton program doing
    >> this.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    >> Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
    >> http://www.fjsmjs.com
    >> Protect your PC
    >> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx
    >> http://defendingyourmachine.blogspot.com/

    Well, I don't have any other norton products on my machine..........I use
    norton ghost off my diskette, so that's not it since it's not installed, any
    other suggestions???????????
    I am all ears!

    > The Norton program in question may not be NAV, but one of Norton's other
    > programs.

    > "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message
    >> Nope. I am using computer associates for virus monitoring
    >>
    >> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >>> "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Are you running any Norton programs? Which ones?
    >>> Sometime ago there was a widespread problem with a Norton program doing
    >>> this.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    >>> Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
    >>> http://www.fjsmjs.com
    >>> Protect your PC
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx
    >>> http://defendingyourmachine.blogspot.com/

    Make sure you're set to the proper AM or PM.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    > Well, I don't have any other norton products on my machine..........I
    > use norton ghost off my diskette, so that's not it since it's not
    > installed, any other suggestions???????????
    > I am all ears!

    >> The Norton program in question may not be NAV, but one of Norton's
    >> other programs.
    >>
    >> --
    >> "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message
    >>> Nope. I am using computer associates for virus monitoring
    >>>
    >>> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message

    You got anything running a 12 hour clock (that's set p.m when it should be
    a.m)? Maybe not a prog, but a macro hidden somewhere?
    Just a thought !
    Sincerely, Len
    "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message
    >I am experiencing an on-going nagging problem with my date. Invariably form
    >time-to-time the date changes and moves ahead 1-day. Is it possible there
    >is a hijacking problem I am not aware doing this? I have used Ad-Aware
    >Professional to flush out any such agents and all things have been cleaned,
    >yet the problem persists.
    > Is there another solution?
    > Thanks!

    I use a 24-hour clock anyway. Also, sinec I have several users on my
    machine, they do not all use uniform time settings, per your suggestion. One
    uses the AM/PM format, others use the 24-hour clock. Can that possibly throw
    things off?

    > I use a 24-hour clock anyway. Also, sinec I have several users on my
    > machine, they do not all use uniform time settings, per your
    > suggestion. One uses the AM/PM format, others use the 24-hour clock.
    > Can that possibly throw things off?

    No. It's just that it is not uncommon for people to use a 12 hour clock
    with AM/PM not showing but set wrong.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Now we're searching for things............
    In another newsgroup, someone else suggested the following, except he
    telepathically forgot to tell me HOW TO INPUT this line!

    "Silly question but I have to ask. Are you on the right time zone? Synch
    >> it with your domain controller.
    >>
    >> net time rtsdomain:domain name /set "

    How do I synch my domain controller????????????? I attempted to reach this
    user, but to no avail for a response.

    Sorry, can't help, I don't know how to do this either. Sounds like it's a
    global setting on the server - perhaps a server system "help" screen would
    elucidate?
    Len
    > Now we're searching for things............
    > In another newsgroup, someone else suggested the following, except he
    > telepathically forgot to tell me HOW TO INPUT this line!
    >
    > "Silly question but I have to ask. Are you on the right time zone? Synch
    >>> it with your domain controller.
    >>>
    >>> net time rtsdomain:domain name /set "
    >

    > How do I synch my domain controller????????????? I attempted to reach this
    > user, but to no avail for a response.

    That's one of the problems when you're talking with a techy, they're
    clueless about communicating succinctly and they figure they have
    telepathically sent their message in some cryptic kind of
    way................. I think that's what's known as the oxymoron Technology
    @ work :)

    "Yabbadoo" <lsdolby@ignore.ntlwor.com> wrote in message
    > Sorry, can't help, I don't know how to do this either. Sounds like it's a
    > global setting on the server - perhaps a server system "help" screen would
    > elucidate?
    > Len
    > "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message
    >> Now we're searching for things............
    >> In another newsgroup, someone else suggested the following, except he
    >> telepathically forgot to tell me HOW TO INPUT this line!
    >>
    >> "Silly question but I have to ask. Are you on the right time zone? Synch

    >> How do I synch my domain controller????????????? I attempted to reach
    >> this user, but to no avail for a response.

Taskbar Microsoft Windows XP