  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
a b F Wireless
January 28, 2005 3:56:24 PM

XP - SP2

I was reading many articles with NOT to use Zone Alarm to get the wireless
connection . Any suggestions..

Thanks
John

More about : zone alarm wireless connection

January 28, 2005 3:56:25 PM

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:56:24 -0600, MS User wrote:

> XP - SP2
>
> I was reading many articles with NOT to use Zone Alarm to get the wireless
> connection . Any suggestions..
>
> Thanks
> John

If the articles your were reading were about the Mobile Code Filtering,
its considered low risk and is by design.

Its also important to have WPA setup on your wireless network.

Rush
http://www.bythedrop.com
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 29, 2005 10:16:23 PM

"MS User" <sqlman@sql.com> wrote:

>I was reading many articles with NOT to use Zone Alarm to get the wireless
>connection . Any suggestions..

You could use Kerio Personal Firewall (http://www.kerio.com) instead.
Or the Windows Firewall.
To test your firewall settings, visit Gibson Research
(http://grc.com/default.htm) and scan for "Shields Up".

--
(tm)
!