Thanks Tom's Hardware

Twinturbo4486

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012
I wasn't sure where this went, but this was the closest related area I could find. If it's in the wrong place or there is no place for it I'm sorry.

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you here at Tom's Hardware for being so helpful. I recently built my first computer ( a gaming rig ) and I probably wouldn't have gotten through it without you guys here. Previously to attempting to build my machine, I watched numerous videos and read many informative articles.

Still, when attempting my build I ran into many problems and frustrating ordeals. I probably created about a half a dozen threads here in the "New Build" section of the forums and was always answered promptly by very helpful members. Sometimes I'd have multiple responses within the first few minute of the post. It definitely helped with the frustration to get an almost immediate response so I could get back working on fixing my problems.

It was an awesome feeling when I finally completed my build, powered it up and heard the post beep. Of course I had ordered a DOA hard drive and with the help of you guys I found out it was DOA... as I thought I was doing something wrong. Without you guys I still don't know if I'd be finished lol. I'm glad you guys are here helping people like me who were completely noob to building computers to build their own. I feel great about knowing how to build now. Keep up the good work!

Here is my system specs of what I built if you're curious:

MB: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+
CPU: AMD FX 3.1ghz,"Zambezi"Black Edition | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7970
PSU: Corsair TX850W
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 2x 4gb Dual Channel
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1tb (DOA) Replaced with old HD for now

Regards,
Twinturbo