Process running rampant

I have a Windows 2000 DC server. I was looking at Task Manager and I noticed
that the processor was pegged at 100%. I looked to see what processes where
running and I noticed on particular process (gcasSWUpdater.e) taking up most
of the process time. I went out to Symantec and even Googled this name but
came up with nothing. I'm afraid to end the process because I'm not sure
what it's doing. If anyone has some insight to this process, please let me
know what it is and how to handle it.

TIA

Jim

Jim

Is it MS new anti spyware beta?

Jim in Cleveland wrote:
> I have a Windows 2000 DC server. I was looking at Task Manager and I noticed
> that the processor was pegged at 100%. I looked to see what processes where
> running and I noticed on particular process (gcasSWUpdater.e) taking up most
> of the process time. I went out to Symantec and even Googled this name but
> came up with nothing. I'm afraid to end the process because I'm not sure
> what it's doing. If anyone has some insight to this process, please let me
> know what it is and how to handle it.
>
> TIA
>
> Jim

Jim,

Thanks for responding. I googled this again but this time I added the
..exe and it brought up some info on this process. It appears that it has
something to do with MS anti spyware software. Funny thing is when I went
out to MS website to do a search on this process, it came up with nothing!!!
Hummmmm!