Exchange 2000 - Checksum Mismatch

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Help, I'm supporting an office that is having email issues with their
Exchange Server 2000 installation. The events are 474, 475 & 476 'The read
operation will fail with error -1018 (0xfffffc06)' errors in the Application
log'. We are missing the media disk or I'd already be using exmerge to
extract the data from the database.
People are beginning to have problems viewing some emails.

I figured I'd download it from MS but I could only find the most recent
version for 2003. According to
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=429163ec-dcdf-47dc-96da-1c12d67327d5&DisplayLang=en
I can use exmerge from Excahnge 2003 as long I have the 2003 Admin tools
loaded on my server.

What Exchange 2003 Administrative Tools do I need to have loaded on this
Exchange Server 2000 server to be able to use Exmerge for 2003. And where can
I get these admin tools for 2003? Will Exmerge really help me to recover
the exchange database.

Ask them here.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.exchange2000.general&cat=en_US_5db245b0-d456-4e83-bc1b-357a196e3be0&lang=en&cr=US

--