Component recommendation/advice

Pulse-

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
Hello, a few of my friends said this forum is really good and packed with alot of nice helpful easy going people.

I'm building my first PC, i have a list of components which i have in mind. I have purposely picked a mobo and CPU that go well to overclock (judging by some posts on here). So, here is a run-down on the components i'm getting...

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, Socket 775
Mobo: Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3
Gfx: 640Mb Palit 8800 GTS
RAM: 1GB OR 2GB 800mhz corsair
DVDRW: Samsung SH-S183A/BEBN Black SATA
HDD: 250 Gb Western Digital WD2500YS ,7200 rpm, 16MB Cache
Case: Antec Nine Hundred/Ultimate Gamer Case
PSU: 580W HiperPower Type-R Modular

Well i have pretty much decided im sticking with everything. However, i'd really appreciate some advice regarding the stock CPU cooling. I'd like to overclock and i guess it's better to buy other cooling rather than use the stock. Thus, does anybody know what cpu cooling would work well with this system?. Personally, i checked out the "Artic Cooling pro 7", which i have seen is meant to be good.

Also, do you think it will matter if i have 1GB, will the overclocking benefit alot if i go with the 2gb corsair?. Basically, if you have any recommendations on good cpu cooling and any other components that will fit my system well, i would be grateful that you notified me by replying to this post.

Thanks alot. :)

snake_pliskin

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
Well look at my sig. This rig has did everything I want ti to far as games go I play fear, Rainbow Six Vegas, Oblivion with ease. So with your 8800GTS you should do better than me and I also only have one gig of ram although I am going to get another soon. I recommend saving the money on the E6400 and getting the E6300 I have my clocked at 2.8 with no vcore change or loose mem timings. Also I use the Arctic Cooler and it works great Idle at aound 32c with core temp beta. Hope this helps