MSI P965 Platinum -- CrossFire/SLi?

Pretty simple but I'm not educated on the new goings on to be sure myself, does this board support both/either CrossFire/SLi?

Sorry if this is a noob question, I appreciate any help you can provide. :)
4 answers Last reply
More about p965 platinum crossfire
  1. Thanks for the quick response ^^

Just one more thing, is there a way to tell if a card is capable of CrossFire without it being stamped all over it? Or is it ALWAYS noted that a card is CF capable on the product spec? Is there a list anywhere?

Also, does that mean this board would be able to CrossFire capable DX10 cards in the future?

TIA again.
  2. Any ATI card above the X800 is crossfire capable (x800,x850,x1600,x1800,x1900,x1950,etc.). All you have to do is find the Crossfire-Edition card that goes with it.
    x1900xt + x1900 Crossfire Edition

And yes, your board will run two DX10 cards in crossfire.
  3. Quote:
    Any ATI card above the X800 is crossfire capable (x800,x850,x1600,x1800,x1900,x1950,etc.). All you have to do is find the Crossfire-Edition card that goes with it.
    x1900xt + x1900 Crossfire Edition

And yes, your board will run two DX10 cards in crossfire.

So wait, I need one normal card, and then a CrossFire Edition card of the same product to go with it? Or two exact same CF Edition cards?
  4. Quote:
    So wait, I need one normal card, and then a CrossFire Edition card of the same product to go with it?

Yes, if you're going to run an x800-x1900.

Since the x1950xtx released, there's no more need for a CrossFire Edition card. You just buy two identical cards and that's it.
    This will apply to the DX10 cards when they're released too.
Ask a new question

Read More

MSI-Microstar Platinum Crossfire SLI Motherboards