Where FTP Favorites Reside

lee

Greetings,

Does anyone know where I can find and edit the FTP favorites in Win2000?
These are different than your browser favorites.
These pop up in a drop down list when you access ftp 'sites' via your
browser.

Any ideas?

Lee.

lee

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser (More info?)

Hi again,

I should add, this pop-up window with the drop-down list appears when
a manually accessed FTP site (such as ftp://name@yoursite.com) is entered
into the browser. The site name such as name.(dot)yoursite.com appears
in the drop-down list. Where is this information stored on Windows 2000?

I've tried (Clear Cookies, Delete Files with/without offline content, Clear
History)
I haven't done a System Tools/Disk Cleanup because it takes to long.
I tried a Search of the C Drive, to no effect.
There should be a folder that contains these entries so that I can pick and
choose
which ones to delete. Reg Edit?

Any advice?
Regards,
Lee.

"Lee" <webforumsuser@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> Does anyone know where I can find and edit the FTP favorites in Win2000?
> These are different than your browser favorites.
> These pop up in a drop down list when you access ftp 'sites' via your
> browser.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Lee.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser (More info?)

Hi,
I've played with this a bit and I'm not sure where these entries are stored.

Some suggestions:
Try CCleaner http://www.ccleaner.com/ and
MRU-Blaster http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/mrublaster.html
You might be wanting to clear the RunMRU.

Searching the registry for ftp://name@yoursite.com may locate this entry.

These may be in a TypedURLs key in the registry. This article explains the
TypedURLs history:
157729 - How to Clear the History Entries in Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q157729
Removing some or all entries is an easy registry edit.

This URL may be in the index.dat file in the History folder. Login as
another user with administrator privileges, or from the machine's default
administrator account and delete the affected History folder from Windows
Explorer.

You would not be able to delete this History folder when logged in as
yourself- it's "In use." You should be able to delete it from the
Administrator account.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]