Using public NTP server, how exactly?

My computer that I want to keep synchronized with a public NTP time server
is a domain controller (W2k Sp4).
I'm looking at the net time command in the docs but I must be dense :-(

I suppose you gotta write a batch file that executes on startup defining the
NTP server to use so I got

net time /setsntp:tick.utoronto.ca

But executing that command does not change the current time on my machine.
When I then run net time set all it does is take the current time on the
machine and asks me if I want to change it to that, deuh?
Exactly how does one keep a machine synchronizing, not just on start up but
at regular intervals, with a public NTP server?

Any help appreciated.

RD

Make sure the Windows Time service is set to 'Automatic'
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q216734/

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"RDufour" wrote:
| My computer that I want to keep synchronized with a public NTP time server
| is a domain controller (W2k Sp4).
| I'm looking at the net time command in the docs but I must be dense :-(
|
| I suppose you gotta write a batch file that executes on startup defining
the
| NTP server to use so I got
|
| net time /setsntp:tick.utoronto.ca
|
| But executing that command does not change the current time on my machine.
| When I then run net time set all it does is take the current time on the
| machine and asks me if I want to change it to that, deuh?
| Exactly how does one keep a machine synchronizing, not just on start up
but
| at regular intervals, with a public NTP server?
|
| Any help appreciated.
|
| RD

Forget it, found a good article at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnw2kmag01/html/TimeWin2K.asp