Wireless Connection Issue

XP - SP2

I got a Microsoft router with 2 dell laptops @ home.
Both laptops used to get wireless connection.
From last week, one of my laptop not able to get into wireless connection
(Message :- not able to renew IP address "Limited or NO connectivity).
I manually configured with my router IP address, status shows connected BUT
not able to get into internet.
This laptop works fine at my work place with the wireless connection.

My second laptop get connected to wireless connection with NO ISSUES @ home
now also.

I updated the latest firmware on my base station and applied
winsockxpFix.exe ...NO LUCK

With all these trouble-shooting, I guess it's an issue with my laptop and
router.

Please advice with any suggestions or links

Thanks
John
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless connection issue

    Limited or No Connectivity Error Message
    http://www.pchell.com/support/limitedconnectivity.shtml

    --
    HTH
    Meena
    "MS User" <sqlman@sql.com> wrote in message
    > XP - SP2
    >
    > I got a Microsoft router with 2 dell laptops @ home.
    > Both laptops used to get wireless connection.
    > From last week, one of my laptop not able to get into wireless connection
    > (Message :- not able to renew IP address "Limited or NO connectivity).
    > I manually configured with my router IP address, status shows connected
    BUT
    > not able to get into internet.
    > This laptop works fine at my work place with the wireless connection.
    >
    > My second laptop get connected to wireless connection with NO ISSUES @
    home
    > now also.
    >
    > I updated the latest firmware on my base station and applied
    > winsockxpFix.exe ...NO LUCK
    >
    > With all these trouble-shooting, I guess it's an issue with my laptop and
    > router.
    >
    > Please advice with any suggestions or links
    >
    > Thanks
    > John

    :0)

    --
    Have a nice day!

    Thanks & Best regards,

    Ken Zhao
    "Meena" <SAYNO2SPAM.emailmeena@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > Limited or No Connectivity Error Message
    > http://www.pchell.com/support/limitedconnectivity.shtml
    >
    > --
    > HTH
    > Meena
    > "MS User" <sqlman@sql.com> wrote in message
    >> XP - SP2
    >>
    >> I got a Microsoft router with 2 dell laptops @ home.
    >> Both laptops used to get wireless connection.
    >> From last week, one of my laptop not able to get into wireless
    >> connection
    >> (Message :- not able to renew IP address "Limited or NO connectivity).
    >> I manually configured with my router IP address, status shows connected
    > BUT
    >> not able to get into internet.
    >> This laptop works fine at my work place with the wireless connection.
    >>
    >> My second laptop get connected to wireless connection with NO ISSUES @
    > home
    >> now also.
    >>
    >> I updated the latest firmware on my base station and applied
    >> winsockxpFix.exe ...NO LUCK
    >>
    >> With all these trouble-shooting, I guess it's an issue with my laptop and
    >> router.
    >>
    >> Please advice with any suggestions or links
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> John

Wireless Laptops Connection Windows XP