Scheduled Task

Hello everyone,
When a Domain user changes there password the Scheduled Task created bt the
user on the users Win 2k or XP Pro computer
does not run as expected.
e.g.
A user on their pc creates a scheduled task to run everyday. The task runs
OK for weeks, then the user changes their Domain password and the Scheduled
Task dose not run again.

Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks, Terry

This is by design. Use a separate account for the task.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"theitman" wrote:
| Hello everyone,
| When a Domain user changes there password the Scheduled Task created bt
the
| user on the users Win 2k or XP Pro computer
| does not run as expected.
| e.g.
| A user on their pc creates a scheduled task to run everyday. The task runs
| OK for weeks, then the user changes their Domain password and the
Scheduled
| Task dose not run again.
|
| Is there a way to fix this?
| Thanks, Terry

-
That's the first thing I tried.
I tried using the Local Administrator account and it doesn't run ?
An I missing something ? Is there another work around?
Thanks

"Dave Patrick" <DSPatrick@nOsPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
> This is by design. Use a separate account for the task.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "theitman" wrote:
> | Hello everyone,
> | When a Domain user changes there password the Scheduled Task created bt
> the
> | user on the users Win 2k or XP Pro computer
> | does not run as expected.
> | e.g.
> | A user on their pc creates a scheduled task to run everyday. The task
> runs
> | OK for weeks, then the user changes their Domain password and the
> Scheduled
> | Task dose not run again.
> |
> | Is there a way to fix this?
> | Thanks, Terry

Scheduled Tasks|Advanced|View Log may provide some details. If the job
connects to another machine you may need to add the user/ group 'logon as
batch job' rights (server side). Control Panel|Admin Tools|Local Security
Policy\Local Policies\User Rights Assignments
"Log on as a batch job"

Remember that if it involves network resources to make sure the user account
has permissions to the resources and also use UNC paths as mapped drives
won't exist when no one is logged on.

This article may help.

Result Codes in Scheduled Tasks Indicate an Error Occurred in the Task
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q267031

--

"theitman" wrote:
| -
| That's the first thing I tried.
| I tried using the Local Administrator account and it doesn't run ?
| An I missing something ? Is there another work around?
| Thanks

TRENDING THREADS