chaning characters when printing

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

I have this problem with word documents text changin into weird characters
when i try to print the document. I can solve it by first selecting a
different printer and after that selecting the printer again.
This doesn't happen every time I print to this printer nor is it printer
specific, it happens on other types of printers as well.
I am running win2k sp4 with latest patches plus office xp sp3 with latest
patches.
Have tried removing all the printers from my clients and the server and
reinstalling them but this does not solve the problem.

Is there anyone who has had similiar problems and can help me with this one?

Thanks

Roy

=?Utf-8?B?Um95?= <Roy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I have this problem with word documents text changin into weird
> characters when i try to print the document. I can solve it by
> first selecting a different printer and after that selecting the
> printer again.
>[snip]
>
> Is there anyone who has had similiar problems and can help me with
> this one?

Two things I would try:

First, check on the printer manufacturer's web page and
download/install the latest driver for that printer.

Second, try disabling spooling on the printer
Start->Settings->printers-> Right-click on printer, select Properties
Go to "Advanced" tab, click "print directly to printer".

HTH,
John