DOOM

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2001

Hi,

I have a little problem, when my W2K starts they show me the LOG ON dialog
box where the field NAME is empty.

How Can I setup Windows for doesn't clear the field, I wanna the name of
last user appears always show the log on dialog box.

Thanks for attention.

Bye.

In news:2ec23e86dc04bf319507a4890ffea0cf@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com,
DooM <fernando.calheiros@gmail.com> typed:
> Hi,
>
> I have a little problem, when my W2K starts they show me the LOG ON
> dialog box where the field NAME is empty.
>
> How Can I setup Windows for doesn't clear the field, I wanna the name
> of last user appears always show the log on dialog box.
>
> Thanks for attention.
>
> Bye.

This is usually done via group policy, and it's usually a good thing. I
personally want to clear the last login name.
As to where it's been done - are you on a domain?

"DooM" <fernando.calheiros@gmail.com> wrote in
:

> I have a little problem, when my W2K starts they show me the LOG
> ON dialog box where the field NAME is empty.
>
> How Can I setup Windows for doesn't clear the field, I wanna the
> name of last user appears always show the log on dialog box.

You might be able to fix this with TweakUI 1.33. Launch it from the
control panel and click on the "Paranoia" tab. Uncheck the box
labeled "Clear Last user at logon".

<http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/powertoys/networking/nttweakui.asp>

HTH,
John

Administrative tools/local security policies.

"DooM" <fernando.calheiros@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a little problem, when my W2K starts they show me the LOG ON dialog
> box where the field NAME is empty.
>
> How Can I setup Windows for doesn't clear the field, I wanna the name of
> last user appears always show the log on dialog box.
>
> Thanks for attention.
>
> Bye.

This is easy to set through group or local policy, however it can also be
done through a straightforward registry hack.
Look in:

And I think the value is called "DontDisplayLastUsername" - this should be
set to 0 to retain the last user name.