Leadtek PX7800GTX

Chaucer

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2007
Man, it seemed like I bought this card just a little while ago and now they are extinct. First off, what went wrong? Why are these cards gone when you can still buy lesser cards? Where there major problems with it or something?

I have a lead on another card (after a LONG search period) because I want to run 2 in SLI. Does it matter what the other card should be or can it be just another PX7800GTX card? I just want to make sure there's not a specific daughter video card required or a specific video card required. Another thing is I bought my first card being overclocked to 450MHZ (core) and 1250MHZ (memory) and the one card I have found is 430/1200 respectively. I am assuming I cannot run the cards in SLI mode with different timings. I just want verification of this.

Lastly, I dont think I have the SLI cable to attach the 2 cards and I dont think the one I am eyeballing has the cable either. Is there a way to purchase just the SLI cable for this card?

All help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance,
Chaucer

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
I don't think you need the SLi bridge. In fact I believe I saw some benchies which compared bridged and non-bridged SLi and non-bridged was actually faster in some instances. Not 100% on that, and the differences could pretty much be put down to anomaly really.

You know we have a user who's name is PX7800GTX - I'm sure he can help you out (even though he's pretty much full of BS about everything else odds are he'll help you here).

big_tuna

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
as long as the are both 7800 gtx cards they can be used together in sli.i had a xfx xxx 7800gtx (490 /1.3)and a msi 7800 gtx (430/1.2)together and they worked fine together.i also used coolbits to overclock them a bit higher.my motherboard came with the connecter bridge for the graphics cards so i would look for it with the extra stuff that is with mboard.you may also be able to get 1 from ebay or computer shop

Chaucer

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2007
THnx Mesa, I will msg him.

That's very interesting tuna that you have 2 cards clocked at different speeds and it works. but now that you mention it, I believe I read an article (maybe from tomshardware dont remember) about using cards at different speeds in sli and it working. I'll check my mb box again.

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Yeah, it might be PX7800GT (perhaps GTX? I don't quite know)

PM'ing him maybe a good idea here. Given his screenname you would assume he'd be able to help.

Good luck

big_tuna

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
yea with the newer drivers it works,they say it just works at the slower of the 2 clocks speed.then you can use cool bits to run them up to higher clock speed

PX7800GT

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
:D WOW !! Thanks MesaRectifier 8) 8)
Man, it seemed like I bought this card just a little while ago and now they are extinct. First off, what went wrong? Why are these cards gone when you can still buy lesser cards? Where there major problems with it or something?
The 7800Series cards gone because the 7900Series Cards arrived...
They cost less & they are more powerful.so there is no point in buying a 7800series card anymore...(This WILL happen to 8800Series card)

I have a lead on another card (after a LONG search period) because I want to run 2 in SLI. Does it matter what the other card should be or can it be just another PX7800GTX card? I just want to make sure there's not a specific daughter video card required or a specific video card required. Another thing is I bought my first card being overclocked to 450MHZ (core) and 1250MHZ (memory) and the one card I have found is 430/1200 respectively. I am assuming I cannot run the cards in SLI mode with different timings. I just want verification of this.
You need two GeForce7800GT to run in SLI.i saw somewhere in Tomshardware that they had a SLI setup with an Asus7800GT & a Gigabyte7800GT.so i think you can SLI any two GeForce7800GT.
as for timing ,they should work fine but if they don`t ,as big_tuna said you can use RivaTuner or Coolbits to run them up to higher or lower clock speed.

Lastly, I dont think I have the SLI cable to attach the 2 cards and I dont think the one I am eyeballing has the cable either. Is there a way to purchase just the SLI cable for this card?
I think you need a SLI bridge for two GeForce7800GT cards or you will see a "Connect The SLI Bridge" error if you don`t have the SLI bridge.that bridge SHOULD be in your Motherboard`s box.

By the way ,if you want my recommendation ,i say SLI is a waste of cash.Your wont see a Huge difference.
Sell your PX7800GT and get a X1950XT instead.an ATI X1950XT can easily eat two GeForce7800GT.