External Hard Drive Help, Software Maybe?

Quick2Kill

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2007
I built an external Hard drive to game on for christmas. I used a hitachi travelstar 7k60 and a vantec 2.5' USB 2.0 Enclosure. After installing command and conquer generals I proceeded to install the expansion. As I play the expansion my buildings blow up if I play the game on any other computer other than the one I installed it on the buildings blow up. What boggles me is the fact that generals not (zero hour) the buildings do not blow up. So I figured there must be something going on with O.S. files. I tried installing an O.S. on the external hard drive and windows won't let me for some reason.

So is there any way to fix the problem of my buildings blowing up when I play on other computers? Am I just out of luck?

ZozZoz

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
I don't know what to say, generals and buildings blowing up. Oh, I wish i knew anything about C&C to know what you're talking about.

Erind

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
You are experiencing this because Westwood Studios (company that makes C&C) has determined that you are running a COPY of Generals and not the original installation. This is not a bug, it is their anti-piracy scheme.