For some reason, I will have one user on a machine, his outlook is just
fine. Then he logs off, and logs onto another machine.
Well when he does, Outlook 2000 (same version on both machines) thinks that
he should have INTERNET ONLY email, and not use exchange. So I have to go
iin and set it up for exchange again.

yet, if he logs onto any other machine, Outlook is just fine, till he comes
back to this one.

Any ideas?

In news:uJqB$5UmFHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Johnfli <john@ivhs.us> typed:
> For some reason, I will have one user on a machine, his outlook is
> just fine. Then he logs off, and logs onto another machine.
> Well when he does, Outlook 2000 (same version on both machines)
> thinks that he should have INTERNET ONLY email, and not use exchange.
> So I have to go iin and set it up for exchange again.
>
> yet, if he logs onto any other machine, Outlook is just fine, till he
> comes back to this one.
>
> Any ideas?

What's different about these PCs?
Event logs give you any clues? User profile error messages?

Note - OL2000 is old and unsupported. Newer versions don't have the
irritating Corporate/Workgroup v. Internet Mail Only distinction. I strongly
suggest you look into OL2003.

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 11:09:14 -0400, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:

>In news:uJqB$5UmFHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
>Johnfli <john@ivhs.us> typed:
>> For some reason, I will have one user on a machine, his outlook is
>> just fine. Then he logs off, and logs onto another machine.
>> Well when he does, Outlook 2000 (same version on both machines)
>> thinks that he should have INTERNET ONLY email, and not use exchange.
>> So I have to go iin and set it up for exchange again.
>>
>> yet, if he logs onto any other machine, Outlook is just fine, till he
>> comes back to this one.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
>What's different about these PCs?
>Event logs give you any clues? User profile error messages?
>
>Note - OL2000 is old and unsupported. Newer versions don't have the
>irritating Corporate/Workgroup v. Internet Mail Only distinction. I strongly
>suggest you look into OL2003.

There was a problem we had with OL98 but I don't know if it is present
in OL2k.

We had to give the user local admin rights because OL98 felt the need
to write data to non-user directories on the client machine.

We had loads of problems installing it when the standard user policy
was in place, but when we gave them admin level access it installed
OK, and then we were able to lower their access level back to normal
and OL98 still worked OK.

Not sure if it will solve your problem but it might be worth a try.

In news:226ef1tflros146oajn2ov0t6lqjs7s9pe@4ax.com,
X201 <here@now> typed:
> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 11:09:14 -0400, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:
>

>> In news:uJqB$5UmFHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
>> Johnfli <john@ivhs.us> typed:
>>> For some reason, I will have one user on a machine, his outlook is
>>> just fine. Then he logs off, and logs onto another machine.
>>> Well when he does, Outlook 2000 (same version on both machines)
>>> thinks that he should have INTERNET ONLY email, and not use
>>> exchange. So I have to go iin and set it up for exchange again.
>>>
>>> yet, if he logs onto any other machine, Outlook is just fine, till
>>> he comes back to this one.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> What's different about these PCs?
>> Event logs give you any clues? User profile error messages?
>>
>> Note - OL2000 is old and unsupported. Newer versions don't have the
>> irritating Corporate/Workgroup v. Internet Mail Only distinction. I
>> strongly suggest you look into OL2003.
>

> There was a problem we had with OL98 but I don't know if it is present
> in OL2k.
>
> We had to give the user local admin rights because OL98 felt the need
> to write data to non-user directories on the client machine.

Not necessary with OL2002/2003, at any rate....

> We had loads of problems installing it when the standard user policy
> was in place, but when we gave them admin level access it installed
> OK, and then we were able to lower their access level back to normal
> and OL98 still worked OK.
>
> Not sure if it will solve your problem but it might be worth a try.

Often does the trick (running once with admin rights) but if the user has a
roaming profile, it shouldn't be an issue....

TRENDING THREADS