Robocopy Vs Xcopy

Hi all,

Just wanna gets some info on the differences between Robocopy and
xcopy. I’ve used xcopy before and found that this option is quite
good to copying files across HDDs or via network.
I want to know what the differences and the advantages vs
disadvantages robocopy has over xcopy, and if anyone knows a site or a
study guide to download instructions on how to use robocopy?

Cheers,

Low_ridEr

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Setup---Deploy---Upgrade-Robocopy-Xcopy-ftopict403956.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1338101

TheLow_ridEr wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just wanna gets some info on the differences between Robocopy and
> xcopy. I’ve used xcopy before and found that this option is quite
> good to copying files across HDDs or via network.
> I want to know what the differences and the advantages vs
> disadvantages robocopy has over xcopy, and if anyone knows a site or a
> study guide to download instructions on how to use robocopy?

Hi,

See rktools.chm and robocopy.doc for documentation for Robocopy.exe.

Latest version of Robocopy.exe and the help/documentation files
mentioned above are in the free Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&DisplayLang=en

(The kit will install on WinXP or later, the individual files can
then be copied to another computer if needed)

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

TRENDING THREADS