Server 2000 drive limit

dekay

I have a PC with Windows Server 2000 (SP4) installed. I've just put a 200Gb
drive in (in addition to the existing boot drive), but Windows only sees it as
128Gb. My PC's BIOS sees it as the full 200Gb, as does Windows XP if I
install that. I've upgraded the BIOS and there are no outstanding Windows
updates.

If I were to upgrade 2000 to 2003, would I be able to use all of my drive?

deKay
--
+ Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk
|- ugvm Magazine - www.ugvm.org.uk

Is this reghack in place?

48-Bit LBA Support for ATAPI Disk Drives in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=305098

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"deKay" wrote:
|I have a PC with Windows Server 2000 (SP4) installed. I've just put a
200Gb
| drive in (in addition to the existing boot drive), but Windows only sees
it as
| 128Gb. My PC's BIOS sees it as the full 200Gb, as does Windows XP if I
| install that. I've upgraded the BIOS and there are no outstanding Windows
| updates.
|
| If I were to upgrade 2000 to 2003, would I be able to use all of my drive?
|
| deKay
| --
| + Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk
| |- ugvm Magazine - www.ugvm.org.uk
| |- My computer runs at 3.5MHz and I'm proud of that
| |- "CLART - YOU KNOWS IT"

dekay

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Fri, 5 Aug
2005 03:35:14 -0600, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
microsoft.public.win2000.general, yawatina tan reek esk "Dave Patrick"
<DSPatrick@nOsPAM.gmail.com> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>Is this reghack in place?
>
>48-Bit LBA Support for ATAPI Disk Drives in Windows 2000
>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=305098

It wasn't, but is now - and it seems to be working. Many thanks.

Out of interest, would upgrading to 2003 fix this problem too?

deKay
--
+ Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk
|- ugvm Magazine - www.ugvm.org.uk