So what type of Tomshardware reader are you?

So what are you?

• Geek (into computers)

Votes: 40 51.9%
  • Meat-head (into sports)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meaty-Geek (combo of the 2)

Votes: 37 48.1%

• Total voters

Synthetickiller

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
So which one of these descriptions fit you?

I'm that meat-geek SOB kinda guy. I'm either sitting behind a computer being a geek, lifting heavy things, or doing medical research. I also follow politics like a religion (lets not get into a potlicial debate :lol: ).

I'm not starting a thread to brag. I am curious to see what you guys are into. I know a lot of you guys are mutli-faceted, so feel free to describe just how you are.

If you guys also have any other poll options that should be added, let me know.

sailer

Splendid
Ok, I like riding motorcycles, watching football (I played it as a kid), and sailing boats, besides playing around with computers. I'm retired from the medical profession, though I still occasionally get into some research or do some work in a local hospital.

pyrix

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2005
Definitly geek for me. I am either at work, school or in my room with my TV and the rig in my sig, and my massive Phillips speakers blaring at about half volume - thats as high as im allowed to run them before the neighbours complain :p.

Sports are overrated. I eat junk all day, and practically live off meat pies and I'm fortunate enough to be both under the recommended BMI (Body Mass Index for those that didnt pay attention in HPE ;p), and have never had any major health problems that werent caused from falling off one of those little collapsable scooters at two in the morning on a sugar run while at my friends place lanning. And that was worth it for the V :). Though the guy at 7/11 gave us some wierd looks...

Synthetickiller

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
Sports are overrated. I eat junk all day, and practically live off meat pies and I'm fortunate enough to be both under the recommended BMI

Thats funny. I'm trying to be "obese" according to BMI. I only have to weigh 203 lbs @ 5'9".

Featherstone

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2005
hmmm I'd say Geeky meat man. I'm a college student, and more than Anything else I love to Snowboard, play basketball and play guitar. But when I'm not doing schoolwork or one of those 3 things I am at my computer either reading toms or some other forum, or playing CS or War3.

predatorgsr

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
I put geek, since after high school sports are pretty limited. I used to play baseball and soccer in hs, and I work out pretty regularly and participate in auto road racing if that counts. Hmm, Does foosball count as a sport?

Heh, my guess is that Wii Sports will help to bridge the gap for a lot of people.

Pinoy

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2006
You don't have the lurker option :oops:

I read less than I post, people here make me feel really uneducated :oops:

I love computers, but as far as actually really using one..... Well, let's say I just surf the web and email funny stuff.

On that note, I check these forums everyday! I love to see what's going on in the electronic world, I'm amazed how far technology has come!

The_Hanz

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2006
Most unformed computer users aren't "true geeks" anymore.

In fact, I've met more geeks that don't know a damned thing about computers than any other type.

Most people that tinker with their computer will be mechanics, welders, students and the likes from all walks of life who are generally not "geeks" in the true sense of the word.

I am always amazed how people can spend huge amounts of money of devices and use them everyday without knowing the slightest about how they work or how to tinker with them.

The people on the Tom's Hardware forumz are not representative of the average person. We are people that take our time, for fun or otherwise, to become informed about the devices we use.

yakyb

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
meat geek hmm dont like the term but definately me

230lbs and 6'3" i play national division 1 rugby,one off the premiership, here in the uk and work in software development and database management

Flying-Q

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
I'm a sales professional with a history in engineering and I won't tolerate anything less than 'it works the way its meant to' and 'its meant to work well'

The only way to achieve that with a pc is to build it yourself and that requires learning how to do it from sites like this.

Q

sviola

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
Well, I'm a meat geak. I'm 6'3" tall, about 200 lbs and am a regular sports-man (besides working a full time software engineering job): i work out, play football (soccer in the US), practice martial arts, dive and play guitar.

djkrypplephite

Distinguished
May 15, 2006
I'm a Marine, drummer, DJ, politics fanatic, and lastly, geek. Most people would never guess me for a computer geek if they saw me on the street. I'm typically wearing Abercrombie, Express, or Armani with a Jarhead haircut, so I don't really look like the guy who's looking to upgrade your RAM. I love the stereotype geeks have, that they're all these nerdy little guys that live in their parents' basement, can't get laid, and obsess about dungeons and dragons all day. I've actually never played that game, ever. I've worked on Geek Squad, I've been a store model for Hollister (yeah, I'm pretty good looking), and now I kick ass for a living. Actually I'll be shipping off the 22nd of this month . . .

plankmeister

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
I'm not really a geek... I'm into computers (it's my job) but I have plenty of other interests... Mainly writing. In fact, I'm planning a novel, which is looking like it'll probably take up two books. Sci-fi, Mars mission... Been researching Mars, nuclear and space propulsion, rocketry, and likely future technologies for 3 years now.
In fact, over the past few days, a new idea has popped into my head, so I think I'll shelve the Mars project for a while as I want that to be absolutely perfect, and I need to do a whole BUNCH more research (think KSR!)... The new idea will be more interesting to write... and read, I think :)

EDIT: When I'm in "writing" mode, my grammar makes much more sense :)

Well lets see, definately a meat n potatoes geek. Been a tool maker, resort builder/owner, construction worker (finish carpenter) watch alot of football, love to fish, work on my puter, watch football, eat microwave bach foods, mess with my puter, watch football, like to hike and camp, and actually am trying to create a life for myself, dating a new girl, always have done it all, enuff is never enuff oh, and I watch football

bixplus

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
Meaty-Geek. I'm either at the gym, playing b-ball, or outside doing something physical. When I'm inside and not spending time with the family, I'll be found in from of the pc.

I'm also heavily into politics, like yourself, and firearms collecting/shoting.

Tang

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2005
I sweat when I play WoW does that count? :?

But seriously, I can bench 315lbs, 142Kg( for you guys that don't live in the greatest place ever invented, America). :lol:

aaronkt

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
I troll just to watch you guys talk smack on each other. Most of the time its pretty funny. But i do respect the knowledge that comes from most of you too.