backup system

Hi, I want to know how to backup the system to a dvd using the backup
facility. I am running 2000 professsional and I have downloaded all the
updates. Every time I try to back up to the dvd, I get the message that I
don't have access to the drive. I end up having to save it in a folder on the
hard drive and then I have to copy it onto the dvd. My concern with doing
this is that if the system crashes again, (it already has) and I try to
restore it with the file on the dvd it wont work. I would appreciate any
suggestions

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

See Firestreamer-RM at http://www.firestreamer.com. It allows using
NTBackup with DVD.

asasso wrote:
> Hi, I want to know how to backup the system to a dvd using the backup
> facility. I am running 2000 professsional and I have downloaded all the
> updates. Every time I try to back up to the dvd, I get the message that I
> don't have access to the drive. I end up having to save it in a folder on the
> hard drive and then I have to copy it onto the dvd. My concern with doing
> this is that if the system crashes again, (it already has) and I try to
> restore it with the file on the dvd it wont work. I would appreciate any
> suggestions

dl

I believe NTBackup will only backup to hd
A third part backup app. will copy to cd/dvd etc There are many to choose
from, you may find a free one, particulary from a pc mag.cd