remove password request

Hi

I would like to stop win 2000 asking me for a password on boot-up ... i just
leave the password blank and press enter, but i would prefer if win2000
could be made to just bypass this step alltogether

Many thanks

Garry
1 answer Last reply
More about remove password request

    Garry Kennedy wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I would like to stop win 2000 asking me for a password on boot-up ... i just
    > leave the password blank and press enter, but i would prefer if win2000
    > could be made to just bypass this step alltogether

    Hi,

    Autologon configuration utility
    http://www.sysinternals.com/utilities/autologon.html

    Implementing AutoLogon
    http://www.svrops.com/svrops/documents/win2000reg.htm#lnk11

    HOW TO: Enable Automatic Logon in Windows 2000 (KB234562)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/234562/

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Boot Microsoft Windows