remove password request

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 8, 2005 5:22:29 PM

Hi

I would like to stop win 2000 asking me for a password on boot-up ... i just
leave the password blank and press enter, but i would prefer if win2000
could be made to just bypass this step alltogether

Many thanks

Garry
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 6:44:00 PM

Garry Kennedy wrote:

> Hi
>
> I would like to stop win 2000 asking me for a password on boot-up ... i just
> leave the password blank and press enter, but i would prefer if win2000
> could be made to just bypass this step alltogether

Hi,

Autologon configuration utility
http://www.sysinternals.com/utilities/autologon.html

Implementing AutoLogon
http://www.svrops.com/svrops/documents/win2000reg.htm#l...

HOW TO: Enable Automatic Logon in Windows 2000 (KB234562)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/234562/

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: