Scheduler not working properly, having to reset password i..

jules

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

I have a batch file to run in schedular using a local user account that is
apart of the administrators group. The batch ran for awhile and now every
day or two I have to go to the job and reset the password to get it to work
again.

Below is the error:
Logon Failure:
Reason: The user has not been granted the requested
logon type at this machineI

Add the user/ group 'logon as batch job' rights (server side). Control
Panel|Admin Tools|Local Security Policy\Local Policies\User Rights
Assignments
"Log on as a batch job"

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Jules" wrote:
|I have a batch file to run in schedular using a local user account that is
| apart of the administrators group. The batch ran for awhile and now every
| day or two I have to go to the job and reset the password to get it to
work
| again.
|
| Below is the error:
| Logon Failure:
| Reason: The user has not been granted the requested
| logon type at this machineI

jules

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

I already did that too, I should of stated that. Like I said it works and
then the next time it runs it doesnt work until you reset the password
setting in the job.

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Add the user/ group 'logon as batch job' rights (server side). Control
> Panel|Admin Tools|Local Security Policy\Local Policies\User Rights
> Assignments
> "Log on as a batch job"
>

> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Jules" wrote:
> |I have a batch file to run in schedular using a local user account that is
> | apart of the administrators group. The batch ran for awhile and now every
> | day or two I have to go to the job and reset the password to get it to
> work
> | again.
> |
> | Below is the error:
> | Logon Failure:
> | Reason: The user has not been granted the requested
> | logon type at this machineI

Scheduled Tasks|Advanced|View Log may provide some details. Remember that if
it involves network resources to make sure the user account has permissions
to the resources and also use UNC paths as mapped drives won't exist when no
one is logged on.

This article may help.

Result Codes in Scheduled Tasks Indicate an Error Occurred in the Task
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q267031

--

"Jules" wrote:
|I already did that too, I should of stated that. Like I said it works and
| then the next time it runs it doesnt work until you reset the password
| setting in the job.

jules

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

Its not a network resource....Below is the error. I know the user and
password are valid and it runs after I reset the password and then stops
working the following time

"AS Database Restore.job" (pscp.bat) 8/1/2005 8:22:55 AM ** ERROR **
The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed,
therefore, the task did not run.
The specific error is:
0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested
logon type at this computer.
Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.
"AS Database Restore.job" (pscp.bat) 8/1/2005 1:21:18 PM ** ERROR **
The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed,
therefore, the task did not run.
The specific error is:
0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested
logon type at this computer.
Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.
"AS DB Restore.job" (pscp.bat)
Started 8/1/2005 1:23:45 PM

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Scheduled Tasks|Advanced|View Log may provide some details. Remember that if
> it involves network resources to make sure the user account has permissions
> to the resources and also use UNC paths as mapped drives won't exist when no
> one is logged on.
>
> This article may help.
>
> Result Codes in Scheduled Tasks Indicate an Error Occurred in the Task
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q267031
>

> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Jules" wrote:
> |I already did that too, I should of stated that. Like I said it works and
> | then the next time it runs it doesnt work until you reset the password
> | setting in the job.

Any errors in the security/system log of Event Viewer?

--

"Jules" wrote:
| Its not a network resource....Below is the error. I know the user and
| password are valid and it runs after I reset the password and then stops
| working the following time
|
| "AS Database Restore.job" (pscp.bat) 8/1/2005 8:22:55 AM ** ERROR **
| The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed,
| therefore, the task did not run.
| The specific error is:
| 0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested
| logon type at this computer.
| Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.
| "AS Database Restore.job" (pscp.bat) 8/1/2005 1:21:18 PM ** ERROR **
| The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed,
| therefore, the task did not run.
| The specific error is:
| 0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested
| logon type at this computer.
| Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.
| "AS DB Restore.job" (pscp.bat)
| Started 8/1/2005 1:23:45 PM

jules

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

Yeah the original error I sent about the The user has not been granted the
equested
logon type at this machine

I seen other postings but no one giving a fix. Why would resetting the
password within the job make a difference

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Any errors in the security/system log of Event Viewer?
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Jules" wrote:
> | Its not a network resource....Below is the error. I know the user and
> | password are valid and it runs after I reset the password and then stops
> | working the following time
> |
> | "AS Database Restore.job" (pscp.bat) 8/1/2005 8:22:55 AM ** ERROR **
> | The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed,
> | therefore, the task did not run.
> | The specific error is:
> | 0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested
> | logon type at this computer.
> | Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.
> | "AS Database Restore.job" (pscp.bat) 8/1/2005 1:21:18 PM ** ERROR **
> | The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed,
> | therefore, the task did not run.
> | The specific error is:
> | 0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested
> | logon type at this computer.
> | Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.
> | "AS DB Restore.job" (pscp.bat)
> | Started 8/1/2005 1:23:45 PM

You might try deleting all jobs and then after restart recreating the jobs
since there may be corruption associated with one or more tasks.