Purchasers of Gigabyte GA-965P DS3

Bache

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
Having bought other MB's eg. ASUS, and found that I had purchased a :x used/returned/demo, etc, MB which had been repacked/sold by dealer(no sealing tabs anywhwere and damaged - found out when I got home and opened box),

:?: I would like to ask whether anyone who has purchased the new Gigabyte GA-965P DS3 MB recently, if it had sealing tabs anywhere, ie. box or antistatic bag, etc.

This way I will know when I buy this MB, if it has been out of box, bag, etc.

Thanks,

Bache

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
I have yet to see any motherboard box with any kind of sealing tabs. Be it from Newegg or a local shop. There should be a sealing tab on the Ati-Statick bag the motherboard is in. If somthing is missing from the box there is a good chance it's been tampered with. You can generally tell if itt's been messed with just by looking at how it's all sitting in the box. You know it's not hard for motherboard to get damaged durring shipping.
Well, MB was packed roughly compared to manufacturer packing and a cardboard separator was missing.

The replacement MB had neat packaging plus a cardboard separator, where'as the 1'st one was untidily packed and had no separator. (Same batch of MB's so it is very likely that the i'st one had it originally and was not replaced when repacked because they could not be bothered to do it.

intellectualpwer

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2006
i just got a ds3 yesterday, and i also had the carboard separator. The antistatic bag was taped and on the regular pci slots there was a sticker that read All Solid State Capatitors. The sata, ide cables were in a saled bag and the rear I/O plate was in a taped bag. Im not sure if this answers your question but i hope it helps.

scorch

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004
I worked for a company in 2002 that sold about 70 gigabyte mainboards over a 5 month period and never found one that was or looked used. All were OEM and used in builds.

Bache

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
i just got a ds3 yesterday, and i also had the carboard separator. The antistatic bag was taped and on the regular pci slots there was a sticker that read All Solid State Capatitors. The sata, ide cables were in a saled bag and the rear I/O plate was in a taped bag. Im not sure if this answers your question but i hope it helps.
Yes, thanks :)

If antistatic bag is not taped I'll return it immediately.

Once you have been sold a used, etc, MB, you do not want it too happen again :x

Bache

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
I worked for a company in 2002 that sold about 70 gigabyte mainboards over a 5 month period and never found one that was or looked used. All were OEM and used in builds.
Well you worked for a good company, - not the one that I bought the MB from in question.

I mean if you had a eg. demo MB on a shelf for display, what would your company or most companies do with it after a period of time - chuck it away or sell at discount, I doubt it.

They would either repack it and sell it at the going price as new, or instal it in a PC build and sell as new.

Even if the MB was not used at all and only on display, it could have been damaged too some degree from handling ie. dropping, static, etc.

When you buy new you expect it to be factory direct condition, I do anyway.