Status
Not open for further replies.

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
Search Key: XXXXX YYYYY

This is your thread.

Anything remotely related to this forum or it's "regulars", within forum rules.

I don't know if this is "allowable", but at least it provides one convenient location for news or gripes or "hey guys" type stuff.

Moderators Rule !

= play nice .. have fun =

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
YAY !!!

My first OT reply !!!

Yeah ... Like the water-cooler/coffe-room ... for "public" private messages.

Good to see you, too, Brewbonnet !

Do you think nVidia will release a 450 this year ?

Will Antec EVER ship the LanBoy Air and Dark Fleets ?

Any clue if or how win7 might handle multiple monitors (just natively)?

Does anyone else have a project studio ?

Any electronic musician's out there?

Kit builders? Roboteers? uContrlr-programmers? Benders?

These are a few of our fav-0-rite thinnngs !

= OT =

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
Sorry, Cheezhammer, we do breakfast tacos, around here ... ? Choriso y' Juevos ?

You already have subscribed, simply by posting ... Look up at the top of your right column and there should be a box with your current active threads and private messages.

= Welcome = I like Wisconsin ... extra sharp !

oh ... chedder ... not cheddar. Class of '76 or DoB ?

Sorry, Cheezhammer, we do breakfast tacos, around here ... ? Choriso y' Juevos ?

You already have subscribed, simply by posting ... Look up at the top of your right column and there should be a box with your current active threads and private messages.

= Welcome = I like Wisconsin ... extra sharp !

oh ... chedder ... not cheddar. Class of '76 or DoB ?

So Alvin, what would DDR3 have any effect on the old Crysis frames?

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
Off Topic post:

Is there any benefit of DDR3 compared to DDR2 in gaming?

While there would be a definite benefit for 12+ hour output rendering, recent benchmarks of the Phenomx6 lead me to believe that dual ch can keep up fairly well.

= ??? = You concur ?

Anybody got a better (cheaper) way to pop a hole in a case for a fan. Want to put a 80mm case fan in my old Dell Dimension 2350, blowing on/over the video card. The fan would be on the removable side panel. Like to put one up top, too, blowing out, but space is tight.

A hole saw is too expensive for a one time use! And it might be "messy." I don't want to drop $100.00 in case mods, when I can get a case to $45.00. Plus, this PC is going soon. Besides the mobo wont work in a different case, the front panel plugs/wires incompabale with aftermarket cases/mobos.

Just wondering.....

AND, how is someone going to get a "best answer" on this thread? Alvin just gonna pick someone? Pick me, Pick Me! :bounce:

Kit builders? Roboteers? uContrlr-programmers?
Yes.

4323864472_c024319ce4_o.jpg

4323129415_ee668e58f4_o.jpg

4298283285_97bb133940_b.jpg

Programmed using Java on a cRIO. Controlled via a PS2 controller or autonomous. FRC Team 2186.

banthracis

Distinguished

builderbobftw your previous thread was closed for your flaming, please do not drag it here as well.

Shadow, that looks suspiciously like a chasis at the max dimensions for FIRST competitions :D

I used to be on team 694, Stuypulse back in HS , brings back memories!

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
This is a "long dead" thread ... I hoped it would be a sort of "coffee room" for the new build forum but it was moderated into oblivion ... alas.

But, hey ... You are a newcomer so, I can give one last gasp, from the grave, and award you a best answer ... which has not yet been done ... Congrats !!

= Santa =

Status
Not open for further replies.