  • HD
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 8, 2005 11:12:03 PM

My Win2K HD stops immediately after the progress bar for loading Windows
appeared and the computer starts booting all over again as if I
rebooted. If I hit F8 for safe mode, same situation. Since the Windows
try to load up to showing progress bar, I suppose something happened to
booting files or system. I tried to examine the system files by
connecting to another HDD as secondary HD, then the machine does not
recognize it.
Anyone can help me for possible restoration or fixing?

More about : win2k stopped booting

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 11:12:04 PM

Hi,
Perform a parallel install. Boot to it. Open registry editor. Click on
hkey_local_machine. Go to file-)load hive. Assuming your original
installation to be c:\winnt and parallel to be d:\winnt. Browse to
c:\windows\system32\config\system and load it as test. Go to
hklm\system\select and note down the value for current.. Go to the
corresponding control sset. Click on control->crash control. Change the
autoreboot option to 0. Click on test and go to file->unload hive. Boot to
normal mode and see if it gives you a blue screen.

Lukesh

!