Removing unused port type

Can anyone please tell me how to remove an unused Port Type from a Windows
2000 Server?

TIA

enkidu

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2002

Jon Lewis wrote:

> Can anyone please tell me how to remove an unused
> Port Type from a Windows 2000 Server?

Please explain exactly what you want to do.It doesn't really
make sense, what you said.

Cheers,

Cliff

When you add a printer you can create a new port. You can choose which Type
of port from a drop down list. Port Types were called Port Monitors in NT.
You can add a new Port Type through File>Server Properties>Ports>Add
Port>New Port Type in the printers folder. Typically print servers use a
bespoke port type as opposed to for example Standard TCP/IP Port. After
deleting usused ports of a certain Port Type I would like to delete the Port
Type as it will no longer be used.

TIA
"Enkidu" <enkidu.com@com.cliffp.com> wrote in message
> Jon Lewis wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone please tell me how to remove an unused
> > Port Type from a Windows 2000 Server?
> >
> Please explain exactly what you want to do.It doesn't really
> make sense, what you said.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff
>
> --
>
> Barzoomian the Martian - http://barzoomian.blogspot.com

enkidu

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2002

Ah, thanks, excellent. It is a bit out of my area, but from
having used and configured printers a few times, I'm not
sure how you would do this. My guess is a registry hack.

Try here:
http://www.jsifaq.com/

Cheers,

Cliff