Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Removing unused port type

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 4:08:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

Can anyone please tell me how to remove an unused Port Type from a Windows
2000 Server?

TIA
August 10, 2005 2:59:43 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

Jon Lewis wrote:
>
> Can anyone please tell me how to remove an unused
> Port Type from a Windows 2000 Server?
>
Please explain exactly what you want to do.It doesn't really
make sense, what you said.

Cheers,

Cliff

--

Barzoomian the Martian - http://barzoomian.blogspot.com
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 2:59:44 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

When you add a printer you can create a new port. You can choose which Type
of port from a drop down list. Port Types were called Port Monitors in NT.
You can add a new Port Type through File>Server Properties>Ports>Add
Port>New Port Type in the printers folder. Typically print servers use a
bespoke port type as opposed to for example Standard TCP/IP Port. After
deleting usused ports of a certain Port Type I would like to delete the Port
Type as it will no longer be used.

TIA
"Enkidu" <enkidu.com@com.cliffp.com> wrote in message
news:42f88cb2$1@news2.actrix.gen.nz...
> Jon Lewis wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone please tell me how to remove an unused
> > Port Type from a Windows 2000 Server?
> >
> Please explain exactly what you want to do.It doesn't really
> make sense, what you said.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff
>
> --
>
> Barzoomian the Martian - http://barzoomian.blogspot.com
August 11, 2005 12:41:35 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

Ah, thanks, excellent. It is a bit out of my area, but from
having used and configured printers a few times, I'm not
sure how you would do this. My guess is a registry hack.

Try here:
http://www.jsifaq.com/

Cheers,

Cliff

Jon Lewis wrote:
> When you add a printer you can create a new port. You can
> choose which Type of port from a drop down list. Port
> Types were called Port Monitors in NT. You can add a new Port
> Type through File>Server Properties>Ports>Add Port>New Port
> Type in the printers folder. Typically print servers use a
> bespoke port type as opposed to for example Standard TCP/IP
> Port. After deleting usused ports of a certain Port Type
> I would like to delete the Port Type as it will no longer be
> used.
>
> TIA
> "Enkidu" <enkidu.com@com.cliffp.com> wrote in message
> news:42f88cb2$1@news2.actrix.gen.nz...
>
>>Jon Lewis wrote:
>> >
>>
>>>Can anyone please tell me how to remove an unused
>>
>> > Port Type from a Windows 2000 Server?
>>
>>Please explain exactly what you want to do.It doesn't really
>>make sense, what you said.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Cliff
>>
>>--
>>
>>Barzoomian the Martian - http://barzoomian.blogspot.com
>
>
>



--

Barzoomian the Martian - http://barzoomian.blogspot.com
!