Installation problems.

I just did a complete reinstall of Win2k (aded all patches and SPs). I also
re-installed Office 2000 Small Biz. Clean install, no error messages,
everytihing was installed to run off the computer.

Everytime I start an office application, I get an installation progress
message that goes away after a minute or so ("please wait while office
installes the needed components"). This happens when I start Word or Excel.
It happens if I am logged in as Admin or user.

What went wrong? Any suggestions how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

P.S. Should I be posting this on a different group?

--
If you don''t like technology, you should be living naked, in a dark cave,
eating the raw fish that you caught by hand.

Have you re-arranged your start menu or anything, I find MSN Messenger does
the same if I giggle with my start menu? I dunno if Office has the same
approach, with it being a MS App?

"Stuart Mantel" <smantel_at_verizonmail_dot_com> wrote in message
>I just did a complete reinstall of Win2k (aded all patches and SPs). I
>also
> re-installed Office 2000 Small Biz. Clean install, no error messages,
> everytihing was installed to run off the computer.
>
> Everytime I start an office application, I get an installation progress
> message that goes away after a minute or so ("please wait while office
> installes the needed components"). This happens when I start Word or
> Excel.
> It happens if I am logged in as Admin or user.
>
> What went wrong? Any suggestions how I can fix it?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Stuart
>
> P.S. Should I be posting this on a different group?
>

> --
> If you don''t like technology, you should be living naked, in a dark cave,
> eating the raw fish that you caught by hand.

Nope. The fanciest I got was to put shortcuts on the desktop.

This machine is for work so, I try to keep it as simple as possible. No
games, no "preformance tweaks", etc.