help - 16 bit app won't run

i even have memcheck dialogbox in my registry and no 16 bit apps will
not run.

From: "*ProteanThread*" <rtdos@rtdos.com>

| i even have memcheck dialogbox in my registry and no 16 bit apps will
| not run.

Fix Method 1:
copy; %windir%\repair\*.nt
%windir%\system32

FIX Method 2:
Go to; Start --> Run
enter; cmd.exe

{ assuming the Win2K CDROM disk is in drive "D:" }
In the Command Prompt enter...
expand D:\i386\autoexec.nt_ %windir%\system32\autoexec.nt
expand D:\i386\config.nt_ %windir%\system32\config.nt

Since there are many forms of malware that can cause a problem with CONFIG.NT & AUTOEXEC.NT,
please
perform the following...

1) Download the following three items...

Trend Sysclean Package

Latest Trend Pattern File.

Adaware SE (free personal version v1.05)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Create a directory.
On drive "C:\"
(e.g., "c:\New Folder")
or the desktop

Download Sysclean.com and place it in that directory.
Download the Trend Pattern File by obtaining the ZIP file.
For example; lpt371.zip

sysclean.com.

2) Update Adaware with the latest definitions.
3) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
4) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
(a few cycles may be needed)
5) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware

* * Please report your results ! * *

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

thanks, and i also didn't realize that 16 bit apps had to be in the 8.3
naming convention until now.