Asus Striker

Is the motherboard asus stiker good for overclocking as the say "asus"?

And Core 2 duo 2.4 is it enough for 2 XFX 8800GTX (SLI)?
10 answers Last reply
More about asus striker
  1. Quote:
    Is the motherboard asus stiker good for overclocking as the say "asus"?

And Core 2 duo 2.4 is it enough for 2 XFX 8800GTX (SLI)?

I got a e6600 and the striker extreme mobo with a Swiftech liquid cooling and 2x 8800gtx's in SLI and i am able to hit 3720GHz stable and 3.8GHz not stable but boots in windows.

Core 2 duo 2.4 i believe you are taking about the e6600 c2d. It should be fine with two 8800gtx's in SLI considering that x6800 is an bottleneck with two 8800gtx's in SLI.
  2. thankyou very much for your information. When i will get the parts maybe i will ask you how did you get e6600(2.4) to 3.6.

Will have better perfomance over (not overclocked) Core 2 duo extreme 2.93?
  3. Quote:
    thankyou very much for your information. When i will get the parts maybe i will ask you how did you get e6600(2.4) to 3.6.

Will have better perfomance over (not overclocked) Core 2 duo extreme 2.93?

NP. I had a Zalman cooler (Air Cooled) i was only able to hit 3.55GHz stable. Liquid cooling helped a lot.

What parts are you going to buy for your sig? Or you might have them already.

On my intel stock hsf i was able to hit 3.0GHz without a problem i have not tested it further then 3.0GHz. Got Zalman cooler immediatley after my built. With any after market cooler Zalman, TT, Scythe etc you are looking at least 3.0GHz minimum thats a bit higher speed then x6800.
  4. I am going to buy

Core 2 duo E6600 (2.4)
    Asus Striker
    PSU thermaltake Though Power 750wats cable managmet
    XFX 8800GT
    2Gb (2x1GB) - TwinX XMS2 Corsair PC800 DDR2 Memory Module

I had not decided yet what cpu cooling i buy. what do you think about http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Liguid/DIY/cl-w0075/cl-w0075.asp?
  5. Quote:
    I am going to buy

Core 2 duo E6600 (2.4)
    Asus Striker
    XFX 8800GT

I had not decided yet what cpu cooling i buy. what do you think about http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Liguid/DIY/cl-w0075/cl-w0075.asp?

not if you are going to do so today from newegg ... today the asus striker extreme got pulled from the inventory of available mob's

anyone know why?

6. Quote:
    I am going to buy

Core 2 duo E6600 (2.4)
    Asus Striker
    XFX 8800GT

Looks good to me. The PSU that you picked is a nice choice. It is a Tier 2 PSU. Top quality with top notch stability. It will alow you to upgrade in future to one more 8800gtx in SLI mode. Good choice.

TT Bigwater 735 is a nice liquid cooling system. It will do the job.
  7. Quote:
    not if you are going to do so today from newegg ... today the asus striker extreme got pulled from the inventory of available mob's

anyone know why?.

I know that the mobo was there yesterday but not in stock. I got my from a local pc dealer. I just could not get it from newegg because its always out of stock. ZZF has it but not in stock.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=247121
  8. Hmm people are reporting problems with this board i have no issues absolutly none. The current bios is 0701 works very good. This is a third bios update if iam not mistaken. When i first got my board iam not sure what bios number i know i could not get it pass the 3.3 or 3.2Ghz mark. The bios 0505 fixed that and 0701 came last week. Once again no problems what so ever. I guess these board come doa for some reason from Asus but i think people are abusing the mobo and not grounding them selfs to the case (or not using the wrist-strap) or just putting the mobo on their carpets, sofas, and etc which will destroy the mobo.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus Overclocking