problem with booting win 2000

Gordon

Hi

My friend has win2000 on his pc and most times when he boots - he gets to
the part where the light blue screen comes up - and the machine reverts to
the bios again.

He asked me to look at it for him and i found some bad ram and a graphics
card whose fan was not working, installed new sound card drivers etc and
removed the ram and replaced the graphics card - but the machine will still

I dont know too much about win2000 - and i cant find any evidence of a
hardware problem. Any suggestions on what this could be?

Doug

To be able to see the blue screen stop message; Control
Panel|System|Advanced|Startup and Recovery, I usually like to uncheck
"Automatically reboot" this way you get a chance to read the stop error.

Bug Check Codes
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/BCIntro_f55acfed-3296-4e84-8885-c3162fd0ddbf.xml.asp

--
Regards,