Microsoft Update error 0x8DDD0002

I am up-to-date with Iexplorer ver. 6 & W2k ver 5.0 build 2194 SP4.

I got the MS bulletin promoting Microsoft Update as the replacement for
Windows Update. I followed directions & got error
0x8DD0002 with this message:

"To install updates from this website, you must be logged on as an
administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer. If
you use Windows XP, you can see if you are an administrator by going to User
Accounts in Control Panel.
Note: If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings
might also prevent you using this website. Contact your system administrator
for help with updates. "

NOTE: I was getting the same message attempting to use Windows Update that
I had no previous problems with for the same settings & logged on as the
Administrator. I assumed my problem was being caused by W2k being cut off
by MS for future updates. Very confusing!

I would appreciate an explanation and advice. Thanks.

HI there,

Do you mean the new Microsoft Update? as opposed to Windows update.

I dont think this is compatable with Server 2000

Keith D

"Blithe" <skylark6@iwichita.com> wrote in message
>I am up-to-date with Iexplorer ver. 6 & W2k ver 5.0 build 2194 SP4.
>
> I got the MS bulletin promoting Microsoft Update as the replacement for
> Windows Update. I followed directions & got error
> 0x8DD0002 with this message:
>
> "To install updates from this website, you must be logged on as an
> administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer. If
> you use Windows XP, you can see if you are an administrator by going to
> User
> Accounts in Control Panel.
> Note: If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings
> might also prevent you using this website. Contact your system
> administrator
> for help with updates. "
>
> NOTE: I was getting the same message attempting to use Windows Update
> that
> I had no previous problems with for the same settings & logged on as the
> Administrator. I assumed my problem was being caused by W2k being cut off
> by MS for future updates. Very confusing!
>
> I would appreciate an explanation and advice. Thanks.

Yes, Keith. But I'm not on the server - just W2k Pro (SP4)