Win2K Server shell

Rebooted one of our Win2K SP4 servers and get only a blue blank screen.
Doesn't have SP4 Rollup installed. Mouse cursor shows and moves, but no login
prompt, no response to Ctl-Alt-Del. No activity on screen after 30 minutes.
Server however continues to work fine and all processes are running smoothly.
This is a Citrix/TS server. Remote Desktop Connection also gives blue blank
screen.

Remote access to event viewer shows no stop errors or warnings.

Can go into safe mode no problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about win2k server shell

    Warren Z wrote:

    > Rebooted one of our Win2K SP4 servers and get only a blue blank screen.
    > Doesn't have SP4 Rollup installed. Mouse cursor shows and moves, but no login
    > prompt, no response to Ctl-Alt-Del. No activity on screen after 30 minutes.
    > Server however continues to work fine and all processes are running smoothly.
    > This is a Citrix/TS server. Remote Desktop Connection also gives blue blank
    > screen.
    >
    > Remote access to event viewer shows no stop errors or warnings.
    >
    > Can go into safe mode no problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Hi,

    You haven't by any chance PowerChute 6.x UPS software (APC) installed
    on the computer?

    If so, upgrade it to v7 or uninstall it and see if that helps.

    PowerChute 6.x cases a lot of issues, much more than what is described
    here:

    PowerChute Business Edition - Customers Using 6.x Must Upgrade to 7.x
    due to Java Runtime Environment expiration
    http://nam-en.apc.com/cgi-bin/nam_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=7202

    This is how you can disable the PowerChute service if you are unable to
    uninstall it:

    Start Regedit.exe

    Locate the key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\APCPBESERVER
    Set the "Start" value to 4 (means disabled)

    Locate the key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\APCPBEAGENT
    Set the "Start" value to 4 (means disabled)

    Reboot the computer.

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Shell Servers Windows