Anyone Test the new DTek Fuzion

jerrydog

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2007
I am looking for data to confirm the performance Dtek put up on his website. Low Pressure drop and high thermal performance. WOW this sounds to good to be true. ......Anyone have any numbers yet?

I found this link test on Xtreme Systems! Can anyone confirm if this is true?

I installed all three blocks into the same system. The computer uses an Intel X6800 processor placed in an Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard. The processor was overclocked to 3.8Ghz. I used the Swiftech MCP-655 pump and MCR-220 radiator for our loop. The blocks were installed and then I ran Intel’s Thermal Analysis Tool (TAT) at full load. I allowed each water block to burn-in for 8-10 hours and made sure the system reached equilibrium by measuring the water temperature in the loop and waiting for it to stabilize. Along with the temperatures taken with TAT, I measured the ambient air temperature during the tests. Here are the results.

Swiftech Apogee

Ambient: 20.2 °C

Core 1: 77 °C

Core 2: 75 °C

Average DT: 55.8 °C

Swiftech Storm

Ambient: 21.3 °C

Core 1: 75 °C

Core 2: 71 °C

Average DT: 51.7°C

D-Tek FuZion

Ambient: 21.2 °C

Core 1: 71 °C

Core 2: 71°C

Average DT: 49.5 °C

The tests show the fuzion has an average core temperature drop of 6.3 °C below Apogee and 2.2 °C below Storm.

apogee ambient 20 deg C

storm ambient 21 deg C

fuzion ambient 21 deg C

needless to say the fuzion will get to stay in my pc...im gonna see how high i can overclock now...

jerrydog

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2007
I know I need too..... but I am building my sytem now and I don't want to wait that long. I think we will see some more test this week, especially since it is CES show. I am sure someone will bring it to the swiftech challange on Tuesday night.

Swiftech is also coming out with a new block so I can wait a week, but not a month? :?: :?: :?: :?:

jerrydog

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2007
:D Well, :D

I was at CES this week and I stopped bye the swiftech challenge. They had a contest if anyone could beat their new block Apogee GT, the would give away a prize.

Since I was in Vegas I stopped in. They tested the block on a quad core and over clocked it. (3.5). The only block to challenge the new block was Fuzion from Dtek.

Fuzion went first and the average delta was 38 degrees. (They ran it three times and took the average (They added all for core temps, divided by four and subtracted the room temp). The three temps were very consistent at 37, 38 and 39 degrees.

They then ran the new Apogee GT. The initial temps were 5 to 6 degrees higher, then the computer crashed! They rebooted and it continued to crash. After 3 hours of tweaking the computer and reinstalling different Apogee blocks. (some had curved bases and Swiftech Engineers said they thought they were applying too much pressure to the base of the chip and causing it to crash. It was obvious that since this was a Swiftech challenge and they new they were up against a good block they dried to crank down the mounting screws to get every degree they could out of the new block.....

But finally they used a flat bottom base and installed it correctly with the proper hold down force and they got a measurement after 15 minutes (this was the same time the Fuzion block had) and the measurement were 5 degrees hotter and climing before it did eventually crash again!

Much more anaylsis on the block on xtremesystems.com if you are interested :D

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up right now if I was building a water loop. If they are as good as they look, they will fly off the shelves and prices will probably rise to a fair price.

I'm glad there is another competitive block, the old TDX/Apogee/Storm routine needed a little jiving up.