Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

If I go to either of these pages the movie won't load, I have waited up to
20 minutes. I have a 512KB connection, (actually connecting at 576KB). Also
trying to close the page it
hangs and I have to use CTRL+ALT+DEL to close it. I'm using XP Pro/SP1,
WMP10, Athlon
2500XP, 512KB RAM with only essentials running in the background.
I am also running Norton Internet Security, Is it likely that has anything
to do with it?

http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/nailgun.htm
http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/harrier.htm

--

Kenny

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

Problem solved, I don't know why it was trying to play in a WMP window.
Fiddled around with QuickTIme settings and they open OK now in a QT window.

--

Kenny

"Kenny" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> If I go to either of these pages the movie won't load, I have waited up to
> 20 minutes. I have a 512KB connection, (actually connecting at 576KB).
Also
> trying to close the page it
> hangs and I have to use CTRL+ALT+DEL to close it. I'm using XP Pro/SP1,
> WMP10, Athlon
> 2500XP, 512KB RAM with only essentials running in the background.
> I am also running Norton Internet Security, Is it likely that has anything
> to do with it?
>
> http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/nailgun.htm
> http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/harrier.htm
>

> --
>
> Kenny

TJ

Kenny <me@privacy.net> wrote:

> Problem solved, I don't know why it was trying to play in a WMP
> window. Fiddled around with QuickTIme settings and they open OK now
> in a QT window.

I've been following this thread since the beginning and I swear I can't make
heads or tails out of it. As far as the two links below are concerened? I
can't get the video to render in either one.

Looking at the source of the pages, it appears as if the links to the .mpeg
files are broken. For the first link, the HTML reads;

<embed src="../video/NailGun.mpeg" width="340" height="300"></embed>

The link to the second video is similarly screwed.

How can those links possibly work for ANYONE? I mean, other than those who
may already have the file on their machines?

I'm admittedly perplexed.

> "Kenny" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

>> If I go to either of these pages the movie won't load, I have waited
>> up to 20 minutes. I have a 512KB connection, (actually connecting at
>> 576KB). Also trying to close the page it
>> hangs and I have to use CTRL+ALT+DEL to close it. I'm using XP
>> Pro/SP1, WMP10, Athlon
>> 2500XP, 512KB RAM with only essentials running in the background.
>> I am also running Norton Internet Security, Is it likely that has
>> anything to do with it?
>>
>> http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/nailgun.htm
>> http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/harrier.htm

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

If you have QuickTime player 6 go to Edit/Preferences and under Browser
Plugin make sure that "Play movies automatically" and "Save movies in
browser cache" are both selected. Also make sure there's enough room in
your cache.

--

Kenny

Kenny <me@privacy.net> wrote:

> If you have QuickTime player 6 go to Edit/Preferences and under
> Browser Plugin make sure that "Play movies automatically" and "Save
> movies in browser cache" are both selected. Also make sure there's
> enough room in your cache.

Just for yucks I tried that. The first thing you suggested was a default
setting, and the second shouldn't matter anyway.

I'm still trying to parse how my browser is supposed to find a video that's
located at; "../video/ANYTHING.mpeg ?

Those links do not point to the server the videos are uploaded to.

I suspect if you're seeing them at all, it's either your own website and the
files already exist on your machine .... Or you've downloaded them somehow,
in the past.

Sorry. I'm still perplexed.

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:18:47 -0500, TJ wrote:

> I'm still trying to parse how my browser is supposed to find a video that's
> located at; "../video/ANYTHING.mpeg ?

It's a relative URL. If the file is present on the server it should load
up. Reference: http://www.webreference.com/html/tutorial2/3.html
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

TJ

Sharon F <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:18:47 -0500, TJ wrote:
>
>> I'm still trying to parse how my browser is supposed to find a video
>> that's located at; "../video/ANYTHING.mpeg ?
>
> It's a relative URL. If the file is present on the server it should
> load up. Reference: http://www.webreference.com/html/tutorial2/3.html

Are you saying both the following URLs render video in your browser simply
by clicking the links?;

http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/nailgun.htm
http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/harrier.htm

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

I don't understand it either. Both these WERE in Temp Internet Files so out
of curiosity I cleared these out and tried again. Both of them loaded and
played from the website no problem.

--

> Kenny <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>
> > If you have QuickTime player 6 go to Edit/Preferences and under
> > Browser Plugin make sure that "Play movies automatically" and "Save
> > movies in browser cache" are both selected. Also make sure there's
> > enough room in your cache.
>
> Just for yucks I tried that. The first thing you suggested was a default
> setting, and the second shouldn't matter anyway.
>
> I'm still trying to parse how my browser is supposed to find a video
that's
> located at; "../video/ANYTHING.mpeg ?
>
> Those links do not point to the server the videos are uploaded to.
>
> I suspect if you're seeing them at all, it's either your own website and
the
> files already exist on your machine .... Or you've downloaded them
somehow,
> in the past.
>
> Sorry. I'm still perplexed.
>
> > "TJ" <TJ@none.invalid> wrote in message

> >> I've been following this thread since the beginning and I swear I
> >> can't make heads or tails out of it. As far as the two links below
> >> are concerened? I can't get the video to render in either one.
> >>
> >> Looking at the source of the pages, it appears as if the links to
> >> the .mpeg files are broken. For the first link, the HTML reads;
> >>
> >> <embed src="../video/NailGun.mpeg" width="340" height="300"></embed>
> >>
> >> The link to the second video is similarly screwed.
> >>
> >> How can those links possibly work for ANYONE? I mean, other than
> >> those who may already have the file on their machines?
> >>
> >> I'm admittedly perplexed.

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

I don't know much HTML but could it be that using "../" is somehow hiding
the source?
There's also the question of why WMP 10 wouldn't play them at all?