HELP Moving Email & Settings to a New Machine!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

Hi Folks -

I recently used the "files and settings transfer wizard" on my XP machine to
backup my outlook express email and settings so I can load it on a new Win2k
machine.

So I'm on the Win2k machine now, and have run the files and settings
transfer wizard again, this time directly from the WinXP cd, but for some
reason the "new computer" or restore options don't show up.

The only thing that shows up is the dialog that you normally get when you
back up settings!

All I want to do is load the email stuff I backed up earlier on my XP
machine onto this Win2k machine.

The two backup files I have now are:

1) IMG00001.DAT, and
2) STATUS

which reside in a folder called "USMT2.UNC"

I'm stuck. Any idea how to load this email stuff on my new machine?

Tom

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

See Tom Koch's web site for some excellent help on backup/restoring your
Outlook Express stuff.
http://www.insideoe.com/

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Tom Newton" wrote:
| Hi Folks -
|
| I recently used the "files and settings transfer wizard" on my XP machine
| backup my outlook express email and settings so I can load it on a new
Win2k
| machine.
|
| So I'm on the Win2k machine now, and have run the files and settings
| transfer wizard again, this time directly from the WinXP cd, but for some
| reason the "new computer" or restore options don't show up.
|
| The only thing that shows up is the dialog that you normally get when you
| back up settings!
|
| All I want to do is load the email stuff I backed up earlier on my XP
| machine onto this Win2k machine.
|
| The two backup files I have now are:
|
| 1) IMG00001.DAT, and
| 2) STATUS
|
| which reside in a folder called "USMT2.UNC"
|
| I'm stuck. Any idea how to load this email stuff on my new machine?
|
| Tom

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

FAST can be used to transfer *to* Win2K?? I don't think so.