How to enlarge size of system drive?

Hello all!

I meet a problem. I have to enlarge size of system drive from 4G to 8G to
upgrade my server from 2000 to 2003.
Do you know any possibility how to do it without reinstalling server and
loosing any data?
Thank you in advance.
Serge

I don't know, maybe try this; put a larger slave HDD in and use Norton Ghost
to do an 'Image to Image'. Them make the slave the master.

--

Regards,

Slarty Bartfast

Line noise provided by Ameritech!

Does anybody has their own experience?

"Slarty Bartfast" wrote:

> I don't know, maybe try this; put a larger slave HDD in and use Norton Ghost
> to do an 'Image to Image'. Them make the slave the master.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Slarty Bartfast
>

> Line noise provided by Ameritech!

Serge - there are commercial utilities that do what you want. Partition
Magic (for workstations) is one such and I have used it many times on a
number of machines with NT and W2k. That compasny's version for servers
is Server Magic, which is more expensive, and which I have not used but
believe is just as reliable as Partition Magic.

Google for the above, and for "resize partitions".

Serge wrote:
> Does anybody has their own experience?
>
> "Slarty Bartfast" wrote:
>

>>I don't know, maybe try this; put a larger slave HDD in and use Norton Ghost
>>to do an 'Image to Image'. Them make the slave the master.
>>
>>--
>>

>>Regards,
>>
>>Slarty Bartfast
>>

>>Line noise provided by Ameritech!

Yes, I've done this on our IBM xSeries 335 Server. Change a 36G HDD to a 73G
HDD. It's extremely simple. Norton Ghost is very cheap, it's something you
should have around anyway.

--

Regards,

Slarty Bartfast

I am Bart of Borg. Resistance is futile...you *will* eat my shorts!