Change Power Off Settings in WM2003 SE via registry

April 4, 2005 6:22:02 PM

I am looking for information on the registry keys on WM2003 SE that control
the power off settings for the device. I know this can be changed via the
Settings, Advanced tab....however we are hoping to deploy a hard coded
setting via the DMFP using SMS. Look forward to any replies on this one.
Thanks!

Justin
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 6:35:43 PM

Best bet is to export registry, make changes, then export another copy
of registry and look for changes using a file compare on a pc.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 6:41:23 PM

I tried that but the registry file was not viewable in notepad or word. I
used PHM Registry to export the registry from the Pocket PC. Can you
recommend any other programs that might export a file similar to a .reg file
on a PC?

message news:uMEg%231UOFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Best bet is to export registry, make changes, then export another copy
> of registry and look for changes using a file compare on a pc.

Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 12:48:19 AM

Did you try renaming the file extension? Try txt as it may be a text
file protected from easy/accidental/messing about type changes.

"Justin Kallas" <jrkallas@rockwellcollins.com> wrote in message
news:o ScbK5UOFHA.2928@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
| I tried that but the registry file was not viewable in notepad or
word. I
| used PHM Registry to export the registry from the Pocket PC. Can you
| recommend any other programs that might export a file similar to a
..reg file
| on a PC?
|

| "Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" <BevNoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote in
| message news:uMEg%231UOFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
| > Best bet is to export registry, make changes, then export another
copy
| > of registry and look for changes using a file compare on a pc.
| >
| > Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 12:49:36 AM

btw do this with a copy of the file, not the original. Just in case.

"alan smith" <alan@REMOVEmral.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 2s5m1$65t$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
| Did you try renaming the file extension? Try txt as it may be a text
| file protected from easy/accidental/messing about type changes.
|

| "Justin Kallas" <jrkallas@rockwellcollins.com> wrote in message
| news:o ScbK5UOFHA.2928@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
| | I tried that but the registry file was not viewable in notepad or
| word. I
| | used PHM Registry to export the registry from the Pocket PC. Can
you
| | recommend any other programs that might export a file similar to a
| .reg file
| | on a PC?
| |
| |
| | "Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" <BevNoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote
in
| | message news:uMEg%231UOFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
| | > Best bet is to export registry, make changes, then export another
| copy
| | > of registry and look for changes using a file compare on a pc.
| | >
| | > Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
| |
| |

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 12:49:37 AM

No luck with that either. Any other ideas?

Justin

"alan smith" <alan@REMOVEmral.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 2s5oe$68b$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
> btw do this with a copy of the file, not the original. Just in case.
>

> "alan smith" <alan@REMOVEmral.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:D 2s5m1$65t$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
> | Did you try renaming the file extension? Try txt as it may be a text
> | file protected from easy/accidental/messing about type changes.
> |

> | "Justin Kallas" <jrkallas@rockwellcollins.com> wrote in message
> | news:o ScbK5UOFHA.2928@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> | | I tried that but the registry file was not viewable in notepad or
> | word. I
> | | used PHM Registry to export the registry from the Pocket PC. Can
> you
> | | recommend any other programs that might export a file similar to a
> | .reg file
> | | on a PC?
> | |
> | |
> | | "Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" <BevNoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote
> in
> | | message news:uMEg%231UOFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> | copy

> | |
> | |

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 2:11:12 AM

All I can suggest is to try and use a registry editing tool that allows
selection/opening of a registry file then trying on a copy of your ppc
registry to see if it is properly viewed. Regedit in Windows98SE has an
import option. Look at whatever program is on your desktop to see if it
can import then see if it will understand your ppc registry- I'd guess
it will as they are both Windows but ..........

"Justin Kallas" <jrkallas@rockwellcollins.com> wrote in message
news:o %23O2mBVOFHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
| No luck with that either. Any other ideas?
|
| Justin
|
| "alan smith" <alan@REMOVEmral.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
| news:D 2s5oe$68b$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
| > btw do this with a copy of the file, not the original. Just in
case.

| > "alan smith" <alan@REMOVEmral.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
| > news:D 2s5m1$65t$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
| > | Did you try renaming the file extension? Try txt as it may be a
text
| > | file protected from easy/accidental/messing about type changes.
| > |
| > |
| > | "Justin Kallas" <jrkallas@rockwellcollins.com> wrote in message
| > | news:o ScbK5UOFHA.2928@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
| > | word. I
Can
| > you
| > | .reg file
| > | |
| > | |
| > in
| > | copy

| > | |
| > | |
| > |
| > |

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 3:09:34 AM

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts]
"ACSuspendTimeout"=dword:00000000
"BattSuspendTimeout"=dword:0000012c
"BattStandByPeriod"=dword:00000004
"ACResumingSuspendTimeout"=dword:0000000f
"BattResumingSuspendTimeout"=dword:0000000f
"ACUserIdle"=dword:00000000

Frits JK

"Justin Kallas" <jrkallas@rockwellcollins.com> schreef in bericht
news:o kIzVuUOFHA.2680@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I am looking for information on the registry keys on WM2003 SE that control
> the power off settings for the device. I know this can be changed via the
> Settings, Advanced tab....however we are hoping to deploy a hard coded
> setting via the DMFP using SMS. Look forward to any replies on this one.
> Thanks!
>
> Justin

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 3:09:35 AM