Cannot join domain: Network path not found...

We have a Windows 2000 server that replaced an NT 4 server as a domain
controller. The NT server was not demoted before the change. We now cannot
join the clients (Windows 2000 and 98) to the domain. We receive the error
message "network path not found." How do we join the clients to the domain?
--
Grocery IT
2 answers Last reply

    Hi there,

    I have had this problem, Try establishing a link to the server first by
    opening a shared folder using a UNC path i.e \\servername\shername

    Then try again to connect the client to the domain

    Keith D

    Grocery IT wrote:

    > We have a Windows 2000 server that replaced an NT 4 server as a domain
    > controller. The NT server was not demoted before the change. We now cannot
    > join the clients (Windows 2000 and 98) to the domain. We receive the error
    > message "network path not found." How do we join the clients to the domain?
    Hi,

    Very likely a DNS name resolution issue, please see the posts in the
    links below.

    http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.win2000.dns/browse_frm/thread/7df7f29d8bc5f84d/ccafd244689088fa#ccafd244689088fa

    http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.win2000.networking/msg/2066a4416a317653

Domain Windows 2000 Servers Windows