  • Connection
  • Network Drive
  • Windows XP
January 29, 2005 6:29:48 PM

have a small network with three stations

i have noticed that when any one of the systems is booted the network
drives are all marked "network drive" in windows explorer

after the system has been up awhile they are marked "disconnected
network drive" clicking on any one of them changes the status to
"network drive"

i would assume that what is happening is they are reconnected at logon
and due to inactivity disconnect to save resources?

is there a way to not have them time out and disconnect?

thanks

More about : disconnected network drives

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 10:18:22 PM

rube@goldberg.com wrote:

>i have noticed that when any one of the systems is booted the network
>drives are all marked "network drive" in windows explorer
>after the system has been up awhile they are marked "disconnected
>network drive" clicking on any one of them changes the status to
>"network drive"
>i would assume that what is happening is they are reconnected at logon
>and due to inactivity disconnect to save resources?

Indeed. I have not seen a way, yet, to suppress this.

--
(tm)
February 2, 2005 12:55:45 AM

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 15:29:48 GMT, rube@goldberg.com wrote:

>have a small network with three stations
>
>i have noticed that when any one of the systems is booted the network
>drives are all marked "network drive" in windows explorer
>
>after the system has been up awhile they are marked "disconnected
>network drive" clicking on any one of them changes the status to
>"network drive"
>
>i would assume that what is happening is they are reconnected at logon
>and due to inactivity disconnect to save resources?
>
>is there a way to not have them time out and disconnect?
>
>thanks

Yep, auto disconnect feature

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297684

net config server /autodisconnect:-1