Better MOBO monitoring sofware

grant8844

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2006
I have an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe and am using Core Temp to monitor CPU temps.

I have tried to use the ASUS Probe II to monitor mobo temps, fan speed and voltages but I find this utility to be unstable and inaccurate.

Please recommend a better mobo monitoring utility

grant

CompuTronix

Intel Master
I have an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe and am using Core Temp to monitor CPU temps.

I have tried to use the ASUS Probe II to monitor mobo temps, fan speed and voltages but I find this utility to be unstable and inaccurate.

Please recommend a better mobo monitoring utility

SpeedFan 4.31 and Core Temp are still the best choices. Use Intel Thermal Analysis Tool (TAT) to run both cores at 100% load for temperature testing. I've posted the following on another thread, so this may answer your questions.

Intel's spec for Thermal Case Maximum (Tc max) on the TM2 sensor is 60c. Temps displayed in BIOS, motherboard utilities and SpeedFan. 60c hot, 65c overtemp.

Intel's spec for Thermal Junction Maximum (Tj max) on the TM1 sensors is 85c. Temps displayed in Thermal Analysis Tool (TAT) and Core Temp. 75c hot, 80c throttle, 85c shutdown.

The scale illustrates TM2 BIOS and TM1 Core Temp typical offsets: BIOS + ~ 15c = Core Temp.

CPU Temps *C.

BIOS/CoreTemp
-60--/----75-----
-55--/----70-----
-50--/----65-----
-45--/----60-----
-40--/----55-----
-35--/----50-----
-30--/----45-----

I hope this helps to make sense of CPU temp alphabet soup. 8)

grant8844

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2006
Hi Compu tronix

Thanks.
Does speed fan show mobo temps as well as fan speeds?
I would also like to monitor mobo temps

According to Probe II my mobo temps are 10 degeees HIGHER than my cpu temps at idle???? 35 for cpu and 45 for mobo.

Under 100% load for one core for an hour cpu temp is 48 to 50 using core temp. Don't know what the mobo temp is at load

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Does speed fan show mobo temps as well as fan speeds?
I would also like to monitor mobo temps

According to Probe II my mobo tems are 10 degeees HIGHER than my cpu temps at idle???? 35 for cpu amd 45 for mobo.

Under load 100% one core for an hour cpu tem is 48 to 50 usinhg core temp. Don't know what the mobo temp is

SpeedFan shows BIOS CPU temps and MB temps. The high MB temps may be due to case airflow issues. As per my previous post, simultaneously test both cores at 100% load with TAT for valid temperature results. Use SpeedFan to monitor Tcore temps and MB temps, and use Core Temp to monitor both Tjunction temps. My results are as follows:

3.7Ghz @ 1.5125vCore
36c Idle, 52c Load - BIOS
51c Idle, 67c Load - Core Temp

Hope this helps 8)

grant8844

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2006
Hi CompuTronix

I loaded speedfan and it is a pretty nice program
I ran speedfan, core temp and asus pc probe II and Nvidia gpu monitoring at the same time.

Each of these report some same and some different temps

I increased the fan speed on my 8800 gts from 59% to 100%
that lowered the mobo temp from 51 to 45, pretty nice.

This is a large gpu that does block case air flows as well as generate alot of heat that is affecting the mobo

My gpu temp is now 50

Fan speed also shows an "Aux temp" at 122 it started at 66 than after a few minutes jumped to 122. As you suggested this is prob a bad reading.
Where is this anyway is says pci Aux

I will look into more/faster case fans

CompuTronix

Intel Master
I ran speedfan, core temp and asus pc probe II and Nvidia gpu monitoring at the same time.

Each of these report some same and some different temps

I increased the fan speed on my 8800 gts from 59% to 100%
that lowered the mobo temp from 51 to 45, pretty nice.

This is a large gpu that does block case air flows as well as generate alot of heat that is affecting the mobo

My gpu temp is now 50

Fan speed also shows an "Aux temp" at 122 it started at 66 than after a few minutes jumped to 122. As you suggested this is prob a bad reading.
Where is this anyway is says pci Aux

I will look into more/faster case fans

You're not quite there yet. Please download and install Intel's Thermal Analysis Tool (TAT) and run it along with your other utilities, to temp test both cores simultaneously at 100% load.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/392/mirrors.php

Ignore the aux temp, as it's an erroneous reading which can be turned off. Once you identify all the features in SpeedFan, you can customize which values you want to minitor, and rename them to your liking. 8)