Come up with my rig, what you think? *edit*

ILOVEPEARLJAM

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2007
hey y'all

Just thought of my rig - thought i stop by here to ask what you think before i buy it.

RAM: 2GB (2x1GB) CorsairTwinX XMS2, DDR2 PC2-6400 (800), 240 Pins, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 4-4-4-12, EPP

CASE: Casecom KB-7720BK Black ATX Midi Tower Case - No PSU - EBUYER

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, Socket 775, 2.13 GHz, 1066MHz FSB, Allendale Core, 2MB Cache, Retail - SCAN.CO.UK

PSU: Antec Basiq Power 500W ATX 12V PSU - EBUYER

MOTHERBOARD: Asus P5B-E Plus i965, S775, PCI-E (x16), DDR2 533/667/800, SATA II, SATA RAID, ATX - SCAN.CO.UK

GRAPHICS CARD: Im unsure....

Sapphire Radeon X1600 PRO 256M DDR2 TVO DVI-I AVIVO PCI-E
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/113199

HIS X1600Pro 512MB Hypermemory 128MB onboard 64bit DDR2 DVI TVO PCI-E
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/119050

Sapphire ATI Radeon X1300 XT 256MB DDR2 VGA TVO DVI PCI-E
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/116155

BUDGET: £550

peace

all4pj

Apple_Fritters

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
The Asus P5B-E only has a PCI-Express slot for graphics cards. No AGP slot.

Sorry but you are going to need a new video card also.

Besides AGP has no future. PCI-E has taken over.

ILOVEPEARLJAM

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2007

loool
oh yeh

stupid me

ok - so everything good except that?

ben72227

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006

loool
oh yeh

stupid me

ok - so everything good except that?

Since it sounds like you're trying to withhold on buying a graphics card right now (I Assume you're waiting for a decently priced DX10 card?) I'd just buy a Radeon X1650 PRO (for PCI-e) to tide you over. You should be able to get one for less than $100.

ILOVEPEARLJAM

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2007
my bad

I meant to type this

2GB (2x1GB) CorsairTwinX XMS2, DDR2 PC2-6400 (800), 240 Pins, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 4-4-4-12, EPP

im getting this

Surferosa

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
Without knowing what your budget is, what activities you intend to use the pc for and whether you intend to overclock it or not, I can say with certainty 2 things;

1) the components appear to be compaptible
2) Nirvana were better than Pearl Jam. Neither band are fit to lace the Pixies boots.

ILOVEPEARLJAM

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2007
Since it sounds like you're trying to withhold on buying a graphics card right now (I Assume you're waiting for a decently priced DX10 card?) I'd just buy a Radeon X1650 PRO (for PCI-e) to tide you over. You should be able to get one for less than $100.

Im not a gamer so i dont need a good card.

which one is best?

Sapphire Radeon X1600 PRO 256M DDR2 TVO DVI-I AVIVO PCI-E
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/113199

HIS X1600Pro 512MB Hypermemory 128MB onboard 64bit DDR2 DVI TVO PCI-E
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/119050

Sapphire ATI Radeon X1300 XT 256MB DDR2 VGA TVO DVI PCI-E
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/116155

ILOVEPEARLJAM

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2007
Without knowing what your budget is, what activities you intend to use the pc for and whether you intend to overclock it or not, I can say with certainty 2 things;

1) the components appear to be compaptible
2) Nirvana were better than Pearl Jam. Neither band are fit to lace the Pixies boots.

oh my god

seriously piss off

pearl jam shit all over nirvana. Kurt cobain was a hipocrit and a dumbass. Their music is so simple and lame. I dont know why they made it so big , other bands like soundgarden, and alice in chains get no recognition - nirvana suck. Layne staley died same date as kirt but not same year. its all nirvana, layne staley was a much better writer and singer. I really hate nirvana so dam much. ahhh

im just using it for general use. I dont game i just want it to run loads of applicatinos like media players and stuff. I wanna use it for ripping and downloading dvds mainly. But i know i dont need a good pc. I just been saving for a whilst - this pc im using is pretty much about to die.

My budget is £550

dont want to overclock but want a dead quite pc

ben72227

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
Whatever. Pearl Jam sucks ass. They *were* in Nirvana's league right up to Vitalogy. Everything after that sucked ass because they wanted to be all "artistic" (or in other words, they stopped making good music).

Then they did that AWFUL cover of Last Kiss (an awful song itself). Nowadays they're a sell-out band just like Green-Day (since when has Green Day been political :? I remember back when they were good...10 years ago). Pearl Jam's new album screams "We want to be mainsteam again! We want money!"

It's pathetic.

At least Nirvana was good on every album they put out and they sounded different.

ILOVEPEARLJAM

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2007
Whatever. Pearl Jam sucks ass. They *were* in Nirvana's league right up to Vitalogy. Everything after that sucked ass because they wanted to be all "artistic" (or in other words, they stopped making good music).

Then they did that AWFUL cover of Last Kiss (an awful song itself). Nowadays they're a sell-out band just like Green-Day (since when has Green Day been political :? I remember back when they were good...10 years ago). Pearl Jam's new album screams "We want to be mainsteam again! We want money!"

It's pathetic.

At least Nirvana was good on every album they put out and they sounded different.

HOW ON EARTH DO PEARL JAM WANT TO BE MAINSTREAM? AND HOW ARE THEY SELL OUT - DID YOU KNOW THEY JUST DID LIKE 80 SHOW WORLD TOUR? SEE IT IN THE NEWSPAPER? HEAR ANYTHING ON THE RADIO? SEE ANY COMMERICALS ?

last kiss isn't that good - you havent heard teh crazy mary cover or crown of thorns

umm pearl jam make each album different- no album sounds the same. That shows they dont care about money and they dont want to make the same as ten just becuase it sold alot.

You obviously dont know Eddie vedder either. I quote from 92 "I think its 1 year since ten released........ when the nextalbum comes out just buy one and make copies, we dont give a shit, ahh we dont give a fuck"

anyway man lets keep it to pc's ;p