Windows Explorer View Fromat

Using XP home, when I open windows explorer and click on My Computer in the
left frame it used to display my drives in the right frame in groups under
headings like "removable Drive", "Hard Disks" "CD ROMs" or words similar to
that. Recently this formatting disappeared and now I just get a list of
drives with no formatting of the view.

How do I get back to the original view?

I have a second user on the computer and they still get the correctly
formatted view so I assume it is some registry setting rather than some .ini
file anywhere.

Lorne wrote:
> Using XP home, when I open windows explorer and click on My Computer in the
> left frame it used to display my drives in the right frame in groups under
> headings like "removable Drive", "Hard Disks" "CD ROMs" or words similar to
> that. Recently this formatting disappeared and now I just get a list of
> drives with no formatting of the view.
>
> How do I get back to the original view?

In Explorer, click View > Arrange Icons By > Type and Show in Groups.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Thanks - god knows how I managed to change that since I have no recollection
of ever seeing it before.

Lorne wrote:
> Thanks - god knows how I managed to change that since I have no recollection
> of ever seeing it before.

You're welcome.

--

Bruce Chambers