Mister

Windows 2000 Professional: receiving Stop:0x00000051 (0x00000002),
(0x00000001), (0x00000000), (0x000000000) Registry_error. Tried Last known
configuration, windows repair, windows install, safe mode, command prompt,
boot logging do not have ERD disk from this computer, tried one from made
from different computer , same message, any suggeations

Hi,
Boot to recovery console.
Go to c:\windows\system32\config
rename system to system.old and software to software.old
go to c:\winnt\repair and copy system and software to
c:\winnt\system32\config. In case this is a dell box, there will be a
system.bak file in the repair folder, please revert back all the chnages made
as it would start a setup.
In case it boots up, load the system.old in regedt32 and compare the
services of the two system registries.
Lukesh

"Mister" wrote:

> Windows 2000 Professional: receiving Stop:0x00000051 (0x00000002),
> (0x00000001), (0x00000000), (0x000000000) Registry_error. Tried Last known
> configuration, windows repair, windows install, safe mode, command prompt,
> boot logging do not have ERD disk from this computer, tried one from made
> from different computer , same message, any suggeations

I had this problem on one of my white box computers Stop:0x00000051 and
could not boot to the recovery console.
I pulled the HD slaved it in a working computer booted into the OS on
the working computer and then went to the HD of the Stop:0x00000051
system ren the system to system.old in the \system32\config and copied
the system file from the windows\repair to \system32\config.
If this does not work you can try the same with the software, default,
SAM, and, security files all in the same folder as the system file
listed above. The more you rename the more work you will have to do
when you get back into the OS. I started will all the files got my OS
to boot up so went back and stated with just the system file because I
was pretty sure that one was causing my problems. That fixed it!

Chad

Do you think the same work around will work for XP Home doing the same thing?

steings