Strange problem with Logitec corded optical mouse

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 12, 2005 9:48:02 PM

My mouse has begun to "freeze" for a few seconds every 30 or 40 seconds. It
happens if it is plugged into the usb or the ps2 port.

Now the really strange part. while the movement is frozen the buttons and
the scroll wheel work.

I have uninstalled all mouse touchpad drivers and rebooted reinstalled but
still no joy.

Tested it on different pc it works fine.

HARDWARE
dell inspiron 4100
windows 2k all sp's installed

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

TIA
August 13, 2005 9:42:13 PM

Tried Logitec site for updated driver?

"Kevin" <notmyaddress@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My mouse has begun to "freeze" for a few seconds every 30 or 40 seconds.
It
> happens if it is plugged into the usb or the ps2 port.
>
> Now the really strange part. while the movement is frozen the buttons and
> the scroll wheel work.
>
> I have uninstalled all mouse touchpad drivers and rebooted reinstalled but
> still no joy.
>
> Tested it on different pc it works fine.
>
> HARDWARE
> dell inspiron 4100
> windows 2k all sp's installed
>
> ANY SUGGESTIONS?
>
> TIA

Anonymous
August 13, 2005 9:42:14 PM

WELL.... Believe it or not there was a small piece of fuzz barely visible
causing my problems. Obviously, I have had to clean a "ball" type mouse to
fix skipping issues but this is a new on me.......

!