Strange problem with Logitec corded optical mouse

My mouse has begun to "freeze" for a few seconds every 30 or 40 seconds. It
happens if it is plugged into the usb or the ps2 port.

Now the really strange part. while the movement is frozen the buttons and
the scroll wheel work.

I have uninstalled all mouse touchpad drivers and rebooted reinstalled but
still no joy.

Tested it on different pc it works fine.

HARDWARE
dell inspiron 4100
windows 2k all sp's installed

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about strange problem logitec corded optical mouse

    Tried Logitec site for updated driver?

    "Kevin" <notmyaddress@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > My mouse has begun to "freeze" for a few seconds every 30 or 40 seconds.
    It
    > happens if it is plugged into the usb or the ps2 port.
    >
    > Now the really strange part. while the movement is frozen the buttons and
    > the scroll wheel work.
    >
    > I have uninstalled all mouse touchpad drivers and rebooted reinstalled but
    > still no joy.
    >
    > Tested it on different pc it works fine.
    >
    > HARDWARE
    > dell inspiron 4100
    > windows 2k all sp's installed
    >
    > ANY SUGGESTIONS?
    >
    > TIA

    WELL.... Believe it or not there was a small piece of fuzz barely visible
    causing my problems. Obviously, I have had to clean a "ball" type mouse to
    fix skipping issues but this is a new on me.......

    "DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message
    > Tried Logitec site for updated driver?
    >
    > "Kevin" <notmyaddress@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > My mouse has begun to "freeze" for a few seconds every 30 or 40 seconds.
    > It
    > > happens if it is plugged into the usb or the ps2 port.
    > >
    > > Now the really strange part. while the movement is frozen the buttons
    and
    > > the scroll wheel work.
    > >
    > > I have uninstalled all mouse touchpad drivers and rebooted reinstalled
    but
    > > still no joy.
    > >
    > > Tested it on different pc it works fine.
    > >
    > > HARDWARE
    > > dell inspiron 4100
    > > windows 2k all sp's installed
    > >
    > > ANY SUGGESTIONS?